Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 GPS Dropping

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am using a Versa 2 and iPhoneX. The Fitbit app has location access set to “always.” I have power cycled my phone and watch. My watch is always at least 75% charged and the software is up to date. When I begin a run I have the app open and allow the watch the connect. After the run has started, I close the app. I first noticed issues in Sept 2020 when the GPS was stopping early in my run (after a few miles). The last 4 runs (all in October 2020) the watch displays “no GPS connection” almost immediately but still tracks my distance/pace for the entire run. I’ve tried leaving the app open the entire time as well but this doesn’t help. My other apps (Strava and Nike+) are able to track the run just fine. Thank you for your help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Mmsampson.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the issue you're experiencing with tracking your run with GPS data. Thank you for trying to resolve this and providing the additional details. I understand how you are feeling and I am glad to assist you. I recommend trying the following:

1. Force quit, and reopen the Fitbit app to refresh the connection with your device.
  2. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Restart your phone.

For more information about the different factors that can affect connected GPS, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes