Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is not receiving Notifications.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

At first, it was not working at all. I had to delete the app, reinstall it, resync everything and it finally started working. Now it is only once in a blue moon. Nothing has changed with my phone and Versa, all notifications and settings are on from both sides so I am not sure why this is happening. This is a $200 watch so I was hoping all the "features" would work to that standard. Any help would be appreciated!

I see this is way too common of an issue so hoping something is resolved soon. 

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @gcipq8, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's always a pleasure for me to greet new members! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried in hopes to resolve this issue. Please note that Notifications skip or stop occasionally for several reasons that don't suggest a problem with your device or the Fitbit app, which is why I would like to ask you to check the following:

• Your phone was too far away. It must be within 30 feet of your Fitbit device to transmit the notification.
    For texts, you have the conversation open on your phone. Your Fitbit device shows new texts you haven't already read.
    You changed a related setting on your phone, such as turning on Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode. To double check all requirements, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 
  • You're using another Bluetooth product. If you have Bluetooth products like speakers, headsets, or car stereos paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. For example, turning on your speaker might stop your phone from sending a notification or syncing. For more information, see Is the Fitbit app interfering with other Bluetooth devices?
  • The connection between your phone and Fitbit device is unstable. Bluetooth signals are susceptible to disconnecting or dropping occasionally. If you have an Android phone, check the following:
    • Make sure Enable Notification Widget is on. You can find this with the other notification settings in the Fitbit app.
    • Make sure Always Connected is on. This improves your Bluetooth connection but also drains your Fitbit device's battery more quickly. Turn it off and on as you prefer.
    • Make sure the Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background on your phone. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app sending a notification to my Android phone?
  • The app that should send the notification can't do so. Check all the phone and Fitbit app requirements in How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 
  • Your device was syncing. Syncing can sometimes prevent or delay a notification. 
  • You just updated the Fitbit app. Restart your phone and try setting up notifications again.
  • Device lock is active on your Fitbit watch and you haven't recently entered your PIN. Tap your watch screen to see if the device lock prompt appears. If it does, enter your PIN.

If you've reviewed the list above and can't get notifications to work, please try the following:

1. Force-quit the Fitbit app, then open it again and sync your tracker.
  2. Restart the Bluetooth on your phone once again.
  3. Reset your Versa once again.
  4. Refresh Notifications:
    • From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon 
    • Tap Notifications.
    • Turn off all notifications
    • Restart your phone.
    • Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on.
  5. Set up Notifications again:
    • Tell your phone to "forget" your device, removing the connection between the phone and the Fitbit device. 
      1. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and find your Fitbit device in the list.
      2. Find an option to forget the device.
    • Open the Fitbit app and set up notifications again.

I hope this can be helpful, please give these steps a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes