Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not receiving Notifications.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I've had my Versa now for several months and the watch was functioning as guaranteed when I purchased it. However, it no longer vibrates when I get a phone call or text message like it once did. Despite the vibration notification missing, I can still view the texts or missed call notifications but it either gets to my watch hours later or it doesn't come at all. I spoke with a Rep. from Fitbit and went through all the troubleshooting exercises but had no success. If anyone has an iPhone 8 and has resolved this issue, please let me know! Thanks! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Wondering whether it vibrates in other circumstances, like when you reach your daily goal?

I imagine you've done this when you talked to support, but In settings on the Versa make sure it is "on" in the "during exercise" option.  Then under "notifications" for the Versa in the Fitbit app, makes sure call, text messages, and calendar events are turned on, as well as any app notifications you want on.  Then restart the iPhone and the Versa.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I am having the same issue this morning no notifications apart from steps not thing coming from the phone 

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I've done all those steps and still nothing. It's not that my watch doesn't vibrate because it does when I get my hourly goal updates and when I hit my daily goal. But it doesn't not go off when someone has texted me or is calling me. 

After going through all the troubleshooting options on the Help page, the FitBit Rep. shared that it was a common issue and they were working on a solution. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had any luck. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the update.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

I just got a new iPhone Xs with iOS 12.  Have not tested all notifications yet, but I did get a notification on my Versa for a phone call.  So that notification works (for me).

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

yes even i am facing the same problem after updating my iphone to ios 12

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sathvik221@AllieSC and @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Baltoscott, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for having shared your experience with us. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can check this further:

1. iPhone model you're using.
  2. OS version currently running on your phone
  3. App version installed on your phone.
  4. List of all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone 7 with iOS 12

fitbit app version 2.79

i have tried restarting Fitbit Versa and even logged out and logged in back in the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sathvik221, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply with the information requested. Smiley Happy

As you have already updated the Fitbit app to its latest version I would like to suggest you to make sure it's not currently in the Do Not Disturb (DND) mode by pressing down the button on the side for 2 seconds, in here check that Notification have been set to ON. If everything seems to working fine, I would like to suggest you to reset Notifications from the Fitbit app following these steps:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg 

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg

- Tap Pair

- Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

Additionally, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and Settings > Notifications > Messages and check that the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show on Lock Screen
  • Show in History

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer

Hello @MarcoGFitbit,

1. iPhone 8

2. iOS 12.0

3. Fitbit 2.79

• Bluetooth— I unpaired my Versa from my Bluetooth and then connected them again.  
  • Do Not Disturb—Confirmed that DND is not turned on. 
  • Notifications— Confirmed notifications are turned on for this device.
  • Shutdown Versa
  • Confirmed vibrations are turned on

I spoke with an agent and we went through these steps together.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AllieSC, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let me know all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far and that you have already contacted our Support Team. I've checked with them and they have replied to you already so at this moment I would like to ask you to reply them back as they will be handling your case from now on. 

Thanks for all your patience and understanding, please keep me updated. 

Best Answer

its working the notification on versa went off that was the reason 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sathvik221, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and letting me know that Notifications are now working on your Versa and that you identified the reason why they were not arriving. I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes