Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa tracking run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

For my Versa 2, I understand I have to bring my phone with me on my run in order to track

gps, and I’ve checked that the background app refresh is on.

My question is- do I always need to ‘start’ exercise on my versa? I thought it would auto detect, and I expected to see the map as I had my phone with me.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Elmur322 and welcome to the Help forums.  The Versa 2 has a “Run Detect” feature.  It is a setting that you can turn on and off in the settings in the Run exercise on the device itself.  I haven’t used a Versa 2 in a while, but I think the default setting is On.  When you select Run in the Exercise app on the Versa 2, there should be a gear icon where you get to the Run settings.  Run Detect is a choice.  Once it is set, it is set and you don't need to adjust it unless you want to turn it off.  You do need to have your phone with you.  Just start running.  In my experience, it took about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes for the feature to turn on.  The Versa 2 vibrates, the screen gives a little message that a run is detected.  I can't remember exactly what is says, but you must tap on your Versa 2 screen to start the tracking and mapping.  You stop the run just like you do when you start the run from the start.  The map starts from the run detect start.

Like I said, it's been a while since I used this feature.  I apologize if I get a step or two wrong.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes