Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version 4.00 - problems with syncing?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After update to version 4.00 the syncing problems seems to get worse. I have a Sense 2, and ios 17.0.1.

For some reason everytime i try to do something with  my phone it still changes its settings to silent mode. 

Today i also need to click on steps to get the steps synced. Click on sleep to get the sleep synced. Even click on calories to get Yazio app synced, etc...

To change clock face i had to find a link in fitbit.com, because I wasn't able to find it from the app any longer. I'm not sure where it is hidden, or if that also is meant to turn off. To change them from the app before a training session is one thing, but it shouldn't be necessary to search through the whole fitbit sale section to find the different clock faces 

I transfered from fitbit to Google, so it's not possible to call support from the app anymore, they now wants an email. I actually thought we payed for support also through premium membership. Maybe that part is more hidden after the transfer?

After the downgrade from Sense to Sense 2, I didn't think it was possible to get more disappointed, sad to see I was wrong

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0