Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version 4.12 no longer receives data from Apple Health

I’m not sure if this has been done intentionally but the Fitbit app will no longer receive steps obtained from Apple Health devices such as iPhones and Apple Watches.  Disappointing.

As of today it says I have done 0 steps but if I check in Apple Health it says I have done 11,000.  It worked fine until today.  Anyone else?

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Welcome back to the community @kieron6791 

Thank you for sharing the details about this difficulty with the Fitbit app.

Please, make sure that you are using the latest version of the Fitbit app. See this article: How do I use the Fitbit app?

In addition, follow these steps:

• Log out from the Fitbit app.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  • Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.
  • Check if the issue is still happening.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for replying.  I’ve done everything you have asked and still it reads 0 steps for today and yesterday.  Ever since version 4.12 was installed.

Best Answer

I have completely removed Fitbit from my phone and then reinstalled it.  Still 0 steps since version 4.12.  The only conclusion is that Fitbit has quietly dropped support for obtaining steps collected through Apple health.

Best Answer

@kieron6791 -- sounds like you are using your iPhone as a connected device in the Fitbit app. Go to the phone/watch icon at the top of the today page in the Fitbit app, and then select your phone and try manually syncing it. if that doesn't help, disconnect the phone and then add it back.

Hope that helps.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Strangely since the 4.12 update mine syncs more accurately with apple health. Was over counting with previous version. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting.  So changes to Fitbit’s interaction with Apple Health definitely have occurred.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sbal thank you I tried as you suggested but sadly it is still reading 0 steps for the past 4 days.  Other apps taking data from Apple Health such as Withings are still working correctly.  Very strange…

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kieron6791 -- have you migrated your account to google yet? I'm wondering if that makes a difference.

I just added my iPhone as a device to a second Fitbit account I set up years ago, (not yet migrated) and it seems to be pulling steps from Apple Health, though I'm not sure how often it is doing so. I had to do a manual sync to pull the steps. In my case, the total steps for the day don't match because Fitbit is only pulling the steps I've done since I added the iPhone as a device 30 minutes ago. I'll leave the iPhone on this account for a few days to see what it is doing. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. I cannot figure out how to logout of the app since it’s logged in with google. I am guessing they removed this capability to use data from Apple Health. 

Best Answer

@SmsSA - to log out of the app go to today screen, tap your icon (top right) -> Fitbit settings-> logout.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I can’t get MyFitnessPal to sync either. The Fitbit app only shows 1,409.  it is the same on my iPhone and iPad. I need to have steps recorded for my insurance rewards and not working with the UHC app also. Both health and MyFitnessPalPal are showing connected but nothing happens. 

---

Did that

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get this sorted? I have the same issue. Synced fine with Apple Health and suddenly stopped. 
I have tried everything suggested here without success. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I didn’t get it to work so I just gave up on the Fitbit app. 😥

Sheila Stoutamyer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit says they do not sync with Apple Watch. They did until a few weeks ago with the update. So frustrating as we had a family competition going on and I want to be part of it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you are right but won’t even admit it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes