Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find number of calories I’m still allowed by end of day on new app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The most useful feature of all for me used to be that I could tell on the main page of the app exactly how many calories I was still allotted (or had to burn still😝) each night after dinner. Did I have enough calories saved to have dessert? It had I over-eaten and needed to take an after-dinner walk? It used to say, for example, “1446 calories in/75 over” or whatever. Now all it shows is a dial that I have to try to interpret and it is so much more difficult. And plans to add the actual numbers back in like they used to be? The dial is so much more difficult to evaluate than simple numbers…..

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@mama2em   Please vote for and leave a comment on this request in the Product Feedback forum.  That dial isn't helpful at all and Fitbit doesn't describe it in any Help article.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you so much! I tried to find posts about this but somehow didn’t see that one. Hopefully they will hear us!!!! I didn’t mean to update the app but somehow I did by accident. I wish I could downgrade to the older version! Without that feature my Fitbit is kind of useless—not sure what to do at this point! I’m so jealous of my daughter who didn’t grade—LOL!

Best Answer

Basically, you can't. I've searched all the forums and support pages and the app reviews in the store too with all the complaints and even other community sites (ie reddit Fitbit page) & the only "work around" is to click on the food tile on the today screen and look at what it shows on that screen for "remaining calories". Howver, that# is different from what used to show on the today screen w/the calories consumed. And it's supposed to be. They are calulated using different data/metrics & supposed to show different things. 

And the # shown there can't be used like you (& myself) used the one on the main screen- to see how much more we need to eat that day. 

And Fitbit is aware.... I contacted support & essentially was told "yeah we know. We are looking into it. No eta on a fix or even if we will actually fix it" 

Apparently some android users still have the "calories remaining" showing on their food tile on the today screen, so I imagine there are less people complaining about the issue... 

(& I did explain to the support rep how some people use the app for medical reasons and daily living and not just for "fitness entertainment"... They didn't seem to care...) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is so discouraging! But thank you for replying… I wish they would fix it! Or at the very least I wish I could revert to the old version…. I’ve told my daughter not to upgrade—at least one of us can still use it! The app is pretty useless to me now; not sure what to do at this point….. 🥺

Best Answer

Same for me & I agree! 

Best Answer