Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my average daily step decrease if I can't use a tracker?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Charge HR just bit the dust 😞 I want to get the Charge 3 when it comes out, so I’m going to be a few weeks without tracking. Is there a way to stop the app from tracking? For example, is my average daily step count going to go down because the app isn’t recording any steps?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @CemeteryChick. Good question. I don’t know of a way to pause the app so it will not affect your averages. But there is another alternative. You are posting in an IOS thread so I’m assuming you have an iPhone. While you wait for the Charge 3 to arrive, you can set up MobileTrack on your phone. It will track your steps surprisingly well as long as you keep it in a pocket or in a side strap purse. Tap here for more information. 

Congratulations on ordering a Charge 3! I can’t wait to get mine!

p.s. On a side note, when you uninstall the Charge HR, be sure to go into your phone’s Settings —> Bluetooth and “forget” the device. This will save you complications when setting up the new device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CemeteryChick, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's great to see you too @SunsetRunner, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@CemeteryChick, thanks for your participation in the Forums and for posting your question. As @SunsetRunner mentioned, if you're worried about your average daily step decrease while you're not wearing a tracker, you can set up MobileTrack in the Fitbit app. MobileTrack will use the sensors of your phone to track steps and other basic functions. At this moment, there's no option to pause the entire app, but MobileTrack will help you while you get your new Charge 3, I'm very glad to see you excited for it!

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes