Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance not showing correctly in the app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi ive has my Fitbit for a year but it is now not recording data correctly- last week I walked/ran approx 17,000 steps which was 8 miles 2 days later toughly the same steps and only 6 miles! (I wrote the miles as well as steps down!) also I’ve put 750 calorie deficit in but the last week this has decreased the defect? I’ve done all the updates and changed the defecit manually again. Any advice greatly received 

tina 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Tinatinap, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, have you restarted your tracker recently? When did you start noticing this issue? Please remember that Fitbit devices calculate distance by multiplying your walking steps by your walking stride length and multiplying your running steps by your running stride length. By default, we calculate your stride length using your height and gender. If you have Fitbit Blaze, Fitbit Charge 2, Fitbit Ionic, or Fitbit Versa and track one or more runs using GPS, we evaluate that data to automatically update your running stride length. For best results, run at a comfortable pace for at least 10 minutes.

If your distance measurement seems inaccurate, follow the steps below to calculate your stride length and then add it to your Fitbit account.

1. Go to a track or some place where you're sure of the distance.
  2. Count your steps as you walk across that distance, making sure you travel at least 20 steps.
  3. Divide the total distance (in feet) taken by the number of steps to get your stride length.

Now, in regards of the calorie deficit, could you please elaborate a bit more about this issue? Having as many details as possible will help me check this further.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope this can be helpful. Feel free to reply in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have had a fitbit for 2 years,  I upgraded to a Charge 3 this Christmas.  For most of the time i register 5 miles when i get slightly over 10,000 steps, closer to 12,000.  But recently, yesterday and today, my miles are way down.  I have over 18.000 steps and have just 6 miles.  I feel it isnt being accurate and wondering if there is anythink I can do to "fix" this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Laurajeanb, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to restart your Charge 3 and monitor it for the next few days. If your tracker is still not tracking distance accurately, please let us know so we can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give these steps a try and let us know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes