Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not update software

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.  I use my fitbit with my iPhone 7 and yesterday I saw in the app that there was an update.  I tried to update and it freezes.  Now it won't sync and all the info (steps, etc...) including the time is wrong.  Please help....

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @StefanieK and welcome!, it's always nice to see new faces around. Smiley Happy

Were you trying to update the app or the tracker? If it was the tracker, which tracker do you have?. In this situation I would like to suggest the following:

1. Restart your tracker
  2. Restart your mobile device.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and try to update your tracker once again.

If this doesn't do the trick, try to set up your tracker as a new device to force the update to start. Don't worry, this won't delete any of your previous information stored in the account:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

Give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Cannot update and therefore cannot sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @NKAYT, and welcome!, thanks for joining us in the Community! Smiley Happy

If after following the instructions from my previous post, your tracker is still not updating, my best recommendation would be contacting our Support Team. Let them know about the steps you've performed so far, I'm sure they will be happy to get you back on track. 

Let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did not work in my case. Called FitBit and worked with technicians to no
avail. FitBit sending replacement. Thank You
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi!

So I decided to download the app to my pc and behold!!! It worked. Update successful.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having this same problem!  So frustrating!  I am on my pc logged in with the fitbit app.  Tell me how you updated the tracker from your pc please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  Tried all the suggestions for it not syncing as well as setting up a new device.  Still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just downloaded the app on my pc and on the dashboard I saw the red arrow pointing down like I saw on my iOS app. I clicked it and the update started. Took about 10 minutes

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @StefanieK@christy745@tncourange, welcome to the Community!, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy I hope you're doing well @NKAYT!

@NKAYT, thank you for keeping me updated, I'm glad our Support Team is sending you a replacement tracker. @StefanieK, I would also like to thank you as well for letting me know your tracker has been successfully updated and is now working fine.

@tncourange, is your computer running Windows 10, another version of Windows or is it a Mac computer? If you're using Windows 10:

1. Open the Fitbit app and click on the Account tab. 
  2. Click on Devices. 
  3. Check if a pink arrow is available next to your tracker, if it is, click on it to start the update. 

If you're using a computer with another version of Windows or a Mac computer:

1. Open the Fitbit Connect software. (If you don't have it yet, please download it)
  2. Once opened, check for an option that says Check for Device Updates underneath the two buttons that appear. 
  3. Select existing user and log in with your credentials. 
  4. Fitbit Connect will start looking for an update, if there's one available you will be notified and the update can now start.

@christy745, please try to restart your tracker and leave it plugged in and charging, then restart your phone and try to set it up as a new device again. 

I hope this information can be useful, please feel free to reply in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. You helped me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
My pleasure!!! Happy new year... 🎉

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue. I have followed all of the steps you posted and nothing! HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @janineg and @StefanieK, I hope you're doing well. Welcome to the Community @Bobbi-jo, thanks for joining us! Smiley Happy

@janineg, I'm very glad you're issue has been resolved, thanks for taking the time to update me. 

@Bobbi-jo, If the steps provided in my previous post haven't been able to resolve your issue, my best recommendation would be contacting our Support Team. Let them know everything you've tried so far, I'm sure they will be more than happy to get you back on track. 

If there's anything else I can do for you, feel free to reply! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes