Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charge 2 is not receiving Notifications.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a charge 2 fitbit witch I've paired with my iPhone 6s  successfully but  there are a couple of things I would like to know the answers to . One is I've got it set on steps but it keeps saying more steps then I've   Actually done . Also I can't seem to get my  notifications set up correctly . I've made sure it's turned on. So what else do I need to do. Help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Buddybela, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Please keep in mind that Fitbit trackers measure steps based on the natural movement of the arms when you walk, which might cause the tracker to count extra steps if your performing other activities that involve a very marked arm movement. Nevertheless, I would like to suggest you to perform an accuracy test to check that your tracker is working correctly. 

To perform the accuracy test:

1. Restart your tracker
  2. Put your wrist-based tracker on your wrist and count how many steps you have.
  3. Walk 100 steps, making sure to count a step each time one of your feet hits the ground.
  4. Pause, then check your tracker to see your step count.

Now, in regards of the Notifications, 

please make sure the tracker is not currently on Do Not Disturb mode by holding down the button on the side for 2 seconds, a vibration and a message will let you know if Notifications have been turned on or off. 

In case this is not the case, please go to your phone settings > notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show in Notification Center
  • Show on Lock Screen.

If you have already checked that your tracker is not on the Do Not Disturb mode and the settings are correct on your phone, let's try to reset Notification on your Charge 2

• Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  • Restart your phone
  • Restart your tracker
  • Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Charge 2 > Notifications and tap on Pair when required. 

I hope this can be helpful, in case you notice a big discrepancy on the steps after the test of if Notifications are still not coming through, please don't hesitate to reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes