Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS App in Chinese and doesn't change the language to English

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! My IOS app is in Chinese and I cant change the language. Country and time zone are setted up to United States (its correct). I also erase and re-instaled the app and nothing changes. I need to change it to English. How can do it?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity & moved post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @CristinaV, hope you're doing great! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience, nice way to go! Man Wink

Keep in mind that your tracker must use the same language as the language you use for your Fitbit account.

If the language keeps reverting to Chinese, make sure your phone is also in the language you want. The app will grab the setting from your phone. Also, review the online-Dashboard and change the region of your Dashboard. The following post will provide the steps to take in order to change the settings.

On your online Dashboard, make sure your dashboard is configured in English. In addition try to clear the cache of the web browser too. Directions on how to clear your cache on a variety of browsers can be found here: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache .

I'd recommend using your laptop or PC to go to the bottom right corner of your page:

Screenshot 2015-08-21 13.31.26.png

There, you should see the above (I set mine to United States, so my language is in English). Use this to change your locale, and that should help!

On the phone do the following to change the language:

• In the Fitbit app, find Advanced Settings and turn off Automatic for locale detection.
  • Choose your country and then sync your tracker.
  • Follow the instructions to update your tracker to use the language you selected.

As I said, Fitbit sets your language to whatever your locale is. If the language keeps reverting to Chinese, make sure your phone is in English

I had this issue a few months ago when I bought a Laptop, for some reason the Windows version was only in Spanish and did not let me change it to English, so due to this language configuration my Fitbit Dashboard using the app was in Spanish. So, I went through my browser and the web Based Dashboard was the same. When my Windows OS was changed and it was set in multi-language OS. I set the English language option and my Dashboard was back in English. 

If none of this does the trick, I suggest sending me pictures showing the phone's language settings and the settings from your Fitbit account. 

PS: I just wanted to give you the heads up that I've moved your post to the iOS App board since your topic is more related with the Fitbit app than the tracker itself. Smiley Wink

Hope this helps, keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @CristinaV, hope you're doing great! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience, nice way to go! Man Wink

Keep in mind that your tracker must use the same language as the language you use for your Fitbit account.

If the language keeps reverting to Chinese, make sure your phone is also in the language you want. The app will grab the setting from your phone. Also, review the online-Dashboard and change the region of your Dashboard. The following post will provide the steps to take in order to change the settings.

On your online Dashboard, make sure your dashboard is configured in English. In addition try to clear the cache of the web browser too. Directions on how to clear your cache on a variety of browsers can be found here: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache .

I'd recommend using your laptop or PC to go to the bottom right corner of your page:

Screenshot 2015-08-21 13.31.26.png

There, you should see the above (I set mine to United States, so my language is in English). Use this to change your locale, and that should help!

On the phone do the following to change the language:

• In the Fitbit app, find Advanced Settings and turn off Automatic for locale detection.
  • Choose your country and then sync your tracker.
  • Follow the instructions to update your tracker to use the language you selected.

As I said, Fitbit sets your language to whatever your locale is. If the language keeps reverting to Chinese, make sure your phone is in English

I had this issue a few months ago when I bought a Laptop, for some reason the Windows version was only in Spanish and did not let me change it to English, so due to this language configuration my Fitbit Dashboard using the app was in Spanish. So, I went through my browser and the web Based Dashboard was the same. When my Windows OS was changed and it was set in multi-language OS. I set the English language option and my Dashboard was back in English. 

If none of this does the trick, I suggest sending me pictures showing the phone's language settings and the settings from your Fitbit account. 

PS: I just wanted to give you the heads up that I've moved your post to the iOS App board since your topic is more related with the Fitbit app than the tracker itself. Smiley Wink

Hope this helps, keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes