Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad, Google seach Fitbit Gallery, OPEN APP missing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It is possible to install clocks returned from a Google searches using the Fitbit App on the iPad?

What happens when the user opens a Google search item is the clock page from the Gallery shows but it doesn't have the "OPEN APP" link. so there is no way to install it.

The same is true with private links, there is no "OPEN APP" link. so there is no way to install it. 

Is there a requirement or a fix for this?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@Guy_   Fitbit doesn't make a different app for the iPad.  Users install the iPhone version.  I read your post over and over.  I have no idea what you mean by a Google search in the Fitbit app.  I have no idea what you mean by a private link.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LZeeW  -  thanks for your response.

If you do a Google search for "fitbit gallery spectrum" it returns an item [first one] which has the following link

https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/000015f0-0000-4000-8000-000000f17b17

Normally if you click on the link [which is exactly how links to private watch faces work] you will see the clock face presented from https://gallery.fitbit.com .

On that page near COPY you should see "OPEN APP". When you click on that the Fitbit App opens allowing you to install it.

However there is something odd for a user on their iPad who doesn't see the "OPEN APP" so can't install it from the browser.

Do you see "OPEN APP" on your iPad if you do the Google search and click on the result?

A private link is used for testing a clock face before it is published and is no different to a published link except that the public can't find it or see it until it gets published.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_   I get the "OPEN APP" option from my phone, but not on the iPad.  I suspect this is a notifications issue, because I get notifications from my phone.  I cannot sync my Fitbit on the iPad if I get notifications from my phone.  I am not interested in doing any more troubleshooting on this issue.  The path you describe is cumbersome.  I might be missing something, but if I want to search for the Spectrum clock, or any other clock or app, I search the App Gallery on my Fitbit app.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

@LZeeW  - thanks for testing that and confirming it doesn't work on the iPad.

Though do you have the Fitbit App installed on the iPad? If you don't that can be why you don't get the "OPEN APP".

There are advantages to searching using the Fitbit App but for private links one has to have the "OPEN APP" in the browser.

So please let me know if the iPad has the Fitbit App installed. That would be helpful too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_   Yes, it is on my iPad.  I wrote that I don't get the "OPEN APP" option on the iPad.  Perhaps you should ask a developer in a developer forum.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW  -  it seems to be a bug in the web page for iPad, also on other devices in Landscape mode.

Best Answer
0 Votes