Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Notification on Alta HR from my new phone.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used to get notifications of text messages or phone calls on my Alta HR but I’ve got a new phone and don’t get them anymore.......can anyone help please? I’m useless with technology 🤦🏼‍:female_sign:

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @KayleighKaye, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experience with us. If you recently have changed phones, it's possible your Alta HR is still linked to your old phone. If you have it at hand, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your old phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then, set up Notifications again in your new phone. 

Now, if you don't have your old phone at hand, please try the following on your new phone:

1. Force-quit the Fitbit app, then open it again and sync your tracker.
  2. Restart the Bluetooth on your phone once again.
  3. Restart your Alta HR.
  4. Refresh Notifications:
    • From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon 
    • Tap Notifications.
    • Turn off all notifications
    • Restart your phone.
    • Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on.
  5. Set up Notifications again:
    • Tell your phone to "forget" your device, removing the connection between the phone and the Fitbit device. 
      1. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and find your Fitbit device in the list.
      2. Find an option to forget the device.
    • Open the Fitbit app and set up notifications again.

I hope this can be helpful, please give these steps a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes