Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incomplete data & syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today, I'm seeing a lot of odd problems on the iOS app.  The first thing I noticed was my sleep log was missing.  I tried to add it back in but when I did, it didn't show any details, as if the tracker was perfectly still the whole time I was asleep and for the next half hour or so since I woke up.

As I kept looking around, I found other odd things.  For example, even though it showed step totals for each day this week, if I looked at the detailed graph where I normally see that, for example, I took 105 steps between 4 and 4:15 pm, and there's little vertical lines showing this, too.  Today, there's nothing; no vertical lines for as far back as I scrolled backwards; at the top, it also shows total steps of 0.  If I go on the website, I can see the vertical lines, like usual -- and the total is definitely not 0.  When I look at calories burned, it's the same; no vertical lines.

The other thing I noticed is when I watching my Fitbit One sync, the line grows to about 2/3rds of the way across and then it switches to "waiting".  Then it starts syncing again.  (To see the line, click on the device at the top of the home page and look down where it says "all-day sync".)  I'm not sure it ever really completes, though the data seems to be reaching Fitbit because I see it on the website.  For example, the website shows the number of steps today as the Fitbit One shows on its display.

What I've tried:  Restarting the iOS app, restarting the One, turning Bluetooth on and off.  I just restarted my iphone, too, and that didn't help either.

PS  One other problem:  When I was entering food earlier, it was going ok until I scanned a food that I'd scanned and entered previously, but this time, it just kind of hung, searching for the item.  I tried typing the name, but it didn't find it that way either.  I had to enter it via the website.  Now, it's not showing up on the phone.  But the totals don't reflect that.  The total on the website is correct as you might guess, but the total on the iphone is actually higher by 130 calories; I have no idea why.  The missing food is 120 calories but you'd think the total on the iphone would be 120 less, not 130 more.

What on earth is going on?

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

After writing all that up, I was looking back in the app to try to logout and log back in but couldn't find out to logout.  As I looked around a bit more, I suddenly noticed the sleep stuff looked right again.  I checked around more and the food is correct now (the food I entered on the website is there and the totals are correct) and the little lines are back, too.

I'm not sure if restarting the iphone did it, but just took a few minutes to get the data from the cloud, or if clicking "edit profile" while I was looking for how to logout triggered something, though I can't imagine what.  If it was restaring the iphone, it took about maybe 10-15 minutes to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @liz4cps, good to see you around and certainly this is a strange behavior. I wonder how it goes so far? Is the issue still persisting on your app in comparison to your Fitbit Dashboard numbers?

I would recommend to review if you are running the latest version of your Fitbit app. Only in case the issue is persisting it might be require to do the following:

1. Log out from your app and double tap the home button on your iOS device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen. 
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion. 
3. Reopen the Fitbit app and log back in.

Although you were right with something that you mentioned before. Since the data is store in our Fitbit servers, sometimes depending of your Internet signal it might take a while to load your numbers. Note that as long you keep syncing with the same account your information should be the same across all the platforms you are using.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply!

I do have the current app -- my iphone updates apps automatically, and I did check that.  In fact, this seemed to start after the most recent update was installed.

I did restart the app, as you say below, by double clicking the home button, etc; if didn't make any difference.  I didn't see where to log out that day, so didn't try that.

It was like during syncing with your servers, detailed info went from my iphone to your servers but only summary information came back.  And the food database seemed a bit empty...  This went on for a day or so and then it just started behaving again.

Behaving again, includes showing details for steps taken, calories burned, etc.  It also includes the food totals agreeing between my iphone and the website.

Ok, I just found where to log out.  I went in there to check One More Time, and went to where I remembered it being, at the bottom of the account page, and it is there now.  I could have sworn that "blocked users" was the last thing on the bottom of the account page, the last time I had looked there.  I'm not sure if I missed it because it's not in red or if it was actually missing?  No need for me to log out now, so I'm not going to bother.  If this particular bug (or set of bugs?) pops up again, I'll try it.

Best Answer

Hi there @liz4cps thank you for sharing this and I'm glad to hear your app is showing your information again.

Certainly that the option did not appeared the first time you reviewed is very odd. nonetheless I can assure you we haven't change anything related to this option or at least there has not been reports of a glitch on this section of the app.

But as you found out already the option to Log out is located  in the Account tab and down to the bottom underneath the option of "Blocked Users". However as you said before; if the issue was resolved there is no need to try this suggestion.

I'll be around giving follow up if you have more questions.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RobertoME, I do have a similar issue with my Charge HR. I remember yesterday my Fitbit vibrated when my almost 12k steps target was reached. Still, after refreshing the app, syncing, logging on and off, restarting the phone, deleting and reinstalling the app I could not see the right progress registered on my app. What could be the issue? Is my Fitbit damaged somehow? Still, today’s data looks fine. I usually sync the app the next day and get the right result but during the past week I had this issue. What seems to be the problem here?

thank you

Best Answer

Hello @Merlinakis, let me start by giving you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. I was reading your post and it's been a few days so I'm wondering how it goes? Is the issue persisting on a daily basis?

Being honest with you, to find a reason why your information did not synced as expected it is a bit tricky. There might be some causes like your tracker is not syncing successfully or you experienced a drop of battery charge while you were doing your exercise. In some other cases it could be just a simple delay while your Dashboard compile your data.

Try to review your online Dashboard reflect the same data that it is showing your Fitbit app. Sometimes this helps to noticed any discrepancy. Other recommendation is to sync at the end of everyday before midnight so your day can be store on your Dashboard.

If the issue keep persisting,  one way to work on a solution would be to set up your tracker as a replacement device without removing your tracker from your Dashboard. Only if you need to try this, the following post will guide you through.

Hope you do not need to use this recommendations. Otherwise just keep me posted for more help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RobertoME, I am also seeing this strange behaviour since the update. I’ve been posting on several treads now trying to figure it out. I wish I could just tag them all here. I will try what you recommend in your post to see if that helps. As the restarting, and full repairing returned some of the data, but not all. It feels like an app issue.  Graphical summary data missing on some pages, heart rate historical data missing, but sleep data, and live heart rate is present... strange. Some data I can see on the watch, and it is not in the app... fingers crossed your post recommendations works

UPDATE:

So... I logged out. Turned off the app. Restarted the app. Logged back in, and found out that I lost MORE historical heart rate data. That’s kind of “funny”.

Detailed Sleep data is still present. Summary Sleep bar graph still missing. Step page looks complete. Hourly activity page has data from 03-24 and later, but missing all data up until yesterday. Incomplete data...  (which was the last thread I was communicating on- but is now classified as closed, so I’ve moved on). This is weird app behaviour. And YES, I am using the latest up. It is weird because a lot of this data is the same info displayed differently, it is very strange some of it is just not working and others are

UPDATE:

@RobertoME. So the log out trick didn’t work. So I tried the repairing as a replacement device. Nope. The result is the same as the log out attempt. Incomplete data.  This really is too bad. I’ve had this charge 3 since Christmas and I have never had an issue. ANY issue. This just started happening last week...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m in the exact same boat!!  From mid day March 25 - no hourly steps, no heart rate, no activity tracker.  Everything else is registering on my app except those items.  Tried all the tips and still nothing. 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @GymGal thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Me1321 I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would like to thank you for having already tried the troubleshooting steps provided on this thread and for having updated the Fitbit app.  At this moment, I would like to suggest you to go to the online Dashboard and check if your information is showing up here. If it is, please let us know so we can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MarcoGFitbit ,

i have checked my online Dashboard. It doesn’t seam to be as detailed as the app, but it too is showing missing data. If I look at the heart rate graph I see most days marked with a circle to represent the data point, a line connected each point. There are missing circles for last week, which matches the missing data days from my app. I don’t think I can dive deep on the online dashboard as I can on the app in my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Me1321 I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. 🙂

I appreciate you have come back to us with more details about this situation. At this moment, I will forward the information you have sent to us to our development team so they can take a better look at this situation. Would it be possible for you to reply to us with some screenshots? This will be very helpful as well. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting for your next reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem but on my versa and Android app:/

Best Answer
0 Votes