Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

((•)) <--- this symbol is flashing above my battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
That symbol keeps flashing above my battery - it's green and the battery has been charged. It will not sync. Help!
Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Hi @CavieLady

Feel free restarting the tracker & optionally the phone.

Restart the tracker

URL: Click / Tap to open the Fitbit Help Article 'How do I restart the tracker?'

Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for my blaze - thanks 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing has worked for mine.  Missing 2 days of synching, sort of.  Seems to get the number of steps, floors, but not time and no sleep information.  No history of heart rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked on my Fitbit One!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

cant find my Fitbit. Symbol is flashing above green battery . Is the app picking up a signal from my Fitbit ??

Best Answer
0 Votes

did you get anything to work?  I tried restarting phone and fitbit, deleted and redownloaded app, turned on/off bluetooth, nothing has worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @macbeau, thanks for joining the conversation, is a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

If your tracker doesn't seem to sync while the icon is flashing on the Fitbit app, please check @HelenaFitbit's excellent tips and recommendations that have been proven very helpful for many people facing the same situation. 

In case these steps don't seem to work, let's try setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between your phone and your tracker. Don't worry, this won't remove any of the information previously stored in your account. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done everything stated in this post, including set up as a new fitbit, and i still have the green ((.)) on my app.  I have only had the fitbit for less than 2 weeks, and it started doing this yesterday on the app.  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Aggiemom89, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

At this point, as you have already tried the troubleshooting steps in my previous post, I would like to ask you for a screenshot of the icon you're seeing at this moment, that will be very helpful for me to check this situation further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit recently replaced my tracker since mine just three months old, had multiple problems. I think they sent me a refurbished one. Totally different problems this time. Symbol above the battery symbol on dashboard keeps flashing.  Battery full.

Also,  iPad not syncing. Have to restart tracker EVERY DAY to get it to show my steps.  iPhone doing okay so far......HELP!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kaykay39, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

If your tracker is not syncing correctly with your iPad, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device, then restart your phone and try to sync again. 

In order to pair your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone through the Fitbit app, go to Account > your tracker > Notifications and set them up. You will receive a pop-up asking you to pair your tracker with your phone, tap OK. This will improve the connection between the device and the phone and it will be easier for it them to sync. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As symbol is flashing as mentioned above and my statistics are not showing on my phone. What should I do?

@CavieLady wrote:
That symbol keeps flashing above my battery - it's green and the battery has been charged. It will not sync. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still have to either reboot the iPad, restart the iPad, or reset the tracker to get any info to sync and show up in ipad.  Info shows  on iPhone but VERY slow coming up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is the icon. Can you please tell me what it means?

Best Answer

This is still happening to me.  Every day.  Now it has got to the point where my phone can't find my device at all.  Very frustrating.  Keep missing phone calls too as I rely on fitbit in a busy office while phone is switched to silent.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you received a response to what this is? I have this symbol also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CarmenGFoot, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for joining this conversation. Please note that the symbol showing up above the battery icon indicates your tracker or watch is currently connected to the app and will display live information on it. 

icon.png

The icon will only appear after a successful sync and it's perfectly normal, it will not affect anything in the app. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What does this symbol indicate

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently it means you are ‘syncing ‘ to the app....see message above

Best Answer
0 Votes