Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No decimal point when logging food details.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

just using the app to log food & the barcode scanner didn't recognise my food ( special k cereal bar?! ) so i had to add it manually but when i need to enter the calories from fat the amount is 2.2g but there is no decimal point on the keypad??? am i not seeing it? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

any help anyone please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Claire22, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

When you're creating a Custom Food on the Fitbit app, only on calories and calories from fat it's not possible to add a decimal point. However, you can tap on the Switch to Detailed View option to input more nutritional facts about your food.

Decimal1.png

In here you will be able to add a decimal point for quantities.

Decimal2.png

Additionally, you can also search for the food you're logging in, the food database has many entries for Special K bar, simply select the one that adjusts better to yours and log it.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok thanks for your reply , but why can u not add a decimal point on calories from fat?   

my cereal bar is 2.2g of fat how do i enter this then? 

thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

just noticed entering amounts into a custom food like e.g. sugar , i put in 5.7 and it changes to 6g , is that what always happens it rounds up or down the figure? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Claire22, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day. 

This seems like a very odd situation, once you input decimals for fat or sugar in the nutritional components of your food, it should stay as decimals. Nevertheless, I would like to suggest you to force-close the app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping the app up. If this doesn't do the trick, please log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes