Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to update / install one or more apps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I keep getting this message "We were unable to update /install one or more apps. please try again." Not really sure what apps are trying to update, as there are no updates in my app store, I have logged out of the app, restarted my phone, deleted the app and reinstalled and I am still getting the notice. It's a bit annoying since I don't really know what it is trying to do. Any suggestions??

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @tink1963 

When the message pops up what happens when you tap “Okay”? If it allows you to stay on the app try to change the clock face by taping your profile picture in the upper left of your Fitbit app then tap the brand of your Fitbit (located under MyFamily Account....example mine says Alta HR) Once you tap your Fitbit Band type scroll down to Clock face and tap that. Pick a different clock face then tap the word today at the bottom of your screen. Now Sync your Fitbit App. Please let me know if this resolves your issue 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

I currently have the Bitmoji as my clock face. Does Fitbit not offer this one anymore?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @tink1963 

That is a question I can’t answer. I just read on the threads that changing the clock face resolves the issue you originally posted. Can you try another clock face then put back on your Bitmoji after it possibly resolves your issue? It it reoccurs then I would say the Bitmoji might be the problem. Let me know 

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok thanks, I will try changing to a different clock face. I'll let you know if that works

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great please let me know how it goes 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope that did not work. still getting same message. I synced, logged out and back in and still same. It would be nice if the message was more specific in which app is unable to update.

I am also getting a fail to sync notice, but then it does sync. Maybe related?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @tink1963 

Odd I would try to remove your Fitbit band from your Bluetooth then scan for your Fitbit band again. Yes I agree if it let you know which app is the problem it would be helpful 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I got it fixed. Tried many things including to reset my Versa to factory spec. Which still did not solve the problem. I was able after reset to delete apps that I don't use or are not Fitbit apps and now my app syncs fine with no errors and no more message about updates. So I think the solution was to remove all but the basic apps. None of the apps that I removed will I be reinstalling. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m so happy you now have a solution to your issue @tink1963 😃 Happy Stepping To You!

Best Answer

I have same error since I updated to latest Fitbit app version in Apple app store 3 days ago. Tried rebooting device, changing clock face, unpairing/repairing Charge 3 from my iphone. Can’t delete any apps from the Charge 3 - I only have the standard ones. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Swimmer2211 

It appears as if you have tried everything to include having nothing but the basic apps? Is your Fitbit Charge 3 new? Either way I think you should call Fitbit Customer Service since you pretty much exhausted all avenues. Before calling I would check here to make sure your iPhone is compatible with the new update: https://www.fitbit.com/devices 

Make sure you tell Customer Service everything you did to troubleshoot the issue otherwise they will take you through everything you have already done. Good Luck to You.

Best Answer