Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG k20 plus...compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received my fitbit blaze from my son & husband for mothers day this year and it was working fine with my old Samsung phone. Last Tuesday, I had to get a new phone because my phone keep shutting off. (It was 3yrs old) Went to T-Mobile & informed the rep that I wanted to make sure the phone I selected was compatibile with my Blaze. She suggested the LGK20 PLUS. Ok cool. I noticed I wasn't receiving any notifications so I contacted Fitbit support who advised me its not on the compatibility list. I really wished I known about the compatibility list prior bc I would have to pay a $50 restocking fee to return this phone. Fitbit team android can you please add LG K20 PLUS to the list. I want to ENJOY the full benefits of my fitbit blaze. Or can you send me a $50 check before next Tuesday so I can go to Team iPhone. Please help me. thank you

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity & format

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

Welcome to the Forums @harrisward1023.

As you mentioned, the LG K20 Plus is not part of our compatibility list. While the hardware of the phone might be up to standard, the software might not have been fully optimized.  

Thanks for your understanding and your feedback. Feel free to reach out of you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi. Do you know if there are certain phones that they are only focusing on? Can you have the Android team to add LGK20 PLUS. I was told it wasn't compatible at this time but they are working to add it. Any updates???

Best Answer

Hello @harrisward1023!

We do not have any specific details on what mobile devices is the team currently working on. In the meantime, perhaps you could try to sync with a computer by downloading Fitbit Connect or the Windows 10 app (if you have a Windows 10 computer) from the Windows Store. 

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
Hi there!!
Unfortunately, I don't have a computer. I just wanted to be able to receive
the full benefits of my blaze and phone which one of them is to receive
notifications.
Best Answer

Hey @harrisward1023.

Thanks for letting me know. At this moment those would be the only option. You can try to use the LG K20 Plus but we're not able to guarantee that it will work as intended. There is a possibility that it will work normally. Perhaps if you have access to another mobile device.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the LG K20 and also saw that it was not listed, however, I went thro Ugh the steps to set it up anyways and I have found that it works perfectly fine.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Rina_alva

Thanks for sharing your experience. As I mentioned, since it is not on the compatibility list, we cannot guarantee that it will work. Having said that, if the hardware is there it is possible that it will work as intended.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI Rina!! I started getting notifications last week! I was nervous and excited at the same time because I didn't know if I will continue to get notifications since I hadn't heard from them if it was added to the compatibility list. I'm glad to hear that you have the same phone and its working for you as well!!! Thanks for letting me know and have a wonderful day! #TeamBlaze #TeamLgK20

Best Answer

Very Frustrating... at no point did the app even suggest that I might not be compatible. In an attempt to figure this out I deleted my device from my account and now it is gone and I can't get it paired to my mobile device. Absolutely frustrating and now all of my hard work is lost. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought a new phone a couple months ago.  My fitbit alta seemed to be syncing just fine, until about 3 weeks ago.  I just chatted with fitbit, and I guess this particular phone isn't compatible.  The guy gave me instructions to help sync, but I must say, I'm highly disappointed.  My last phone was a old LG model, that was compatible.  I picked this particular phone, because of the price, and because it's a world phone, as I was going out of the country and needed to make sure I could contact my family back home.  I've been a fitbit member for almost 4 years and never had a problem with my last 2 phones not being compatible.  Highly disappointed, is all I can say.

Best Answer

I'm extremely disappointed. Glad I only wasted $59 on a flex 2.

Best Answer

Same here. I was told by support that the flex 2 was too new to work with Android, even though it's been out over a year. Really annoyed to waste the time and money on fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine worked fine until last update.
Best Answer

I had the chat tell me not to update the kindle app because the update makes it not sync. Annoying that they blame the phone when it clearly is the app. 

Best Answer

Where did you find those step?

Best Answer

Google search

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried and tried to get mine to work. How did you do it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Verizon had a special on the LG K20, I'm sure there are a lot of people with it new and need help with syncing their fit bit. I was going to get the premium subscription but no point if my flex won't sync. Very disappointing.

Best Answer

I found that when mine refuses to sync or be recognized that if I remove the fitbit from paired devices in Bluetooth and then force stop the fitbit app and try to sync again that usually it will recognize the fitbit again. Occasionally it still takes several hours though. 

Best Answer