Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let me hear your shoe recommendations!

I like my New Balance shoes, but they're wearing out.  Do you guys have any favs?

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

Go get fitted.

I like Adidas myself. I can not wear New Balance.

Its important to get the right show so that's why I say get fitted. What works for me will not work for you

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Asics Gel.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm an asics fan. They seemed to have better width choices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 2 pairs of Nike Men's Nike Air Zoom Winflo 3 Running Shoes. They cost less than $100 after taxes.

mens-nike-air-zoom-winflo-3-running-shoe-p2670-7867_zoom.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@exhile Did you get BOTH pairs for under $100?  Just curious.

I went to Academy yesterday, and tried on Asics and New Balance.  Went with the New Balance.  The Asics were nice, but they didn't have them in my size and width.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nasacpa wrote:

@exhile Did you get BOTH pairs for under $100?  Just curious.

No I didn't. Altogether, in Canadian dollars the total would be under $200.

Capture.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, the "2 pair for under $100" sounded too good to be true.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nasacpa wrote:

Yeah, the "2 pair for under $100" sounded too good to be true.....

Agreed, especially if the brand is Nike. No athletic store retailer could make a profit if they sold 2 pairs for under $100. The price would be under cost.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like Reebok and New Balance.

It's better to be fitted at a Sports store. Depending on your sport

and style they can make suggestions for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@modelmalina   Haha, well, I'm an old guy, so I just go to the store, try some on, and pick what feels the best on my feet.  I'm sure that there are better feeling shoes out there, but I'm not sure that they're worth over $100....to me anyways.  I hate getting new shoes (always have!), but my old pair was getting bare treads.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hoka One One Stinson ATR 5. **ahem** the price  -  my feet and knees are worth it!  Trail runners with max cushioning and excellent energy return yet fairly stable for mountain trails.  Good for higher mileage, walking as well as running, and gravel/sanded roadsides as well as trails. Other models are better for pavement or "medium" cushioning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never heard of them, but that's no surprise.  Here in the wilds of Houston, it's pretty flat, and not much trailage available where I'm at.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nasacpa  Then perhaps the Bondi 6 for a road model, if the max cushioning interests you. REI carries them, and better running stores. A quick google search for "Hoka Bondi 6" should acquaint you.  If the sticker shock is too much, you can often find the prior model, e.g., Bondi 5, at reduced prices, generally without reduction in performance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, will keep that in mind.  I went with NB again this time.  Took them out for a spin this morning, and they did well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried many. Nike felt good, but lousy quality of the sole. Asics makes good shoes, but it don't fit my type of feet, so now I am back to my old time favourite: Saucony Guide. Not really beauties but they're functional, good quality and comfortable for the short runs, steady for the long runs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a fan of Nike.  The Tanjun is really perfect for me.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

ADIDAS with Speed Lace FeatureAdidas.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolutely love my Sketchers Go Walk Joy slip on sneakers. So comfortable, and can happily walk all day in them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried Saucony, Nike, New Balance, Solomon and Brooks and keep going back to Saucony.

Best Answer
0 Votes