Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let me hear your shoe recommendations!

I like my New Balance shoes, but they're wearing out.  Do you guys have any favs?

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

I buy stability running shoes for running.  Brooks, Saucony, Asics (whichever one has last year's model on sale); I can usually find them around $60-70 or so because they're clearing out stock.

For work, I can generally get away with walking shoes: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V3MM56G

I got the all-black ones for work; ordered 2E size.  I put a lot of mileage on them, on the order of 15k+ steps/day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have plantar fasciitis and extra bones in my feet, and have found I can only seem to wear certain styles of Asics.

My son was in a car accident several years ago and broke both legs, and as a result, has severe knee problems.  When he decided he wanted to start running again, I reached out to a friend who is an ultra marathon runner, and he suggested Hoka running shoes.  They are pricey, but definitely worth it if you are looking for extra cushioning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@caraton you run in high top athletic shoes? That certainly wouldn't be my first choice. Don't you find that this type of shoe interferes with your gait? I think most people would prefer to run in shoes specifically designed for running. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

@caraton I agree with @alexthecat . This shoes are not running shoes and are horrible choice for running - bad grip, bad profile, just asking for injury.

Best Answer