Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stopped working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today, my Fitbit I brought on the 21st of December 2017 stopped working. 

I have tried everything to revive it but to no avail. I just read that it seems many people are having this issue. I am about to go to the store tomorrow to exchange it for a new one but it concerned me that some people have obtained replacements only to have it break as well. I brought the Ionic from Harvey Norman. 

I absolutely loved the smart watch but now I am a little disappointed. My old change 2 has survived treks up volcanos and still is alive and yet the Ionic dies while I am reading. 

I am happy to return it and downgrade for a newer charge 2. I could buy two actually and give one to a friend at the price of the ionic..

Thoughts anyone?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Returned my Ionic to Harvey Norman. 

Apparently I am not the only Ionic Owner who has had to return one recently. I will consider looking back into the Ionic in a few years time. Hopefully by then there will be some hardware and software improvements. Until then, I am happy with the Charge 2.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

Try a RESTART.  Do it several times if necessary.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Ionic does not respond when I utilise the restart option. 

Best Answer

You can try a Factory Reset.  This will restore your tracker to how it was when you took it out of the box.  This clears all personal data and apps and you start over from scratch.

Swipe left and select Settings.  Scroll down to About. Select it and scroll down to Factory Reset.  Good Luck!

If that doesn't do the trick, contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Returned my Ionic to Harvey Norman. 

Apparently I am not the only Ionic Owner who has had to return one recently. I will consider looking back into the Ionic in a few years time. Hopefully by then there will be some hardware and software improvements. Until then, I am happy with the Charge 2.

Best Answer

I'm going to return my Ionic for a refund.  This is a serious quality issue that FitBit needs to resolve.  I received an Ionic for Christmas and it stopped working within 3 weeks.  I went back to Dicks Sporting Goods for a replacement which they provided.  Now the replacement has stopped working.  Factory resets don't fix it.  I love the functions but it's just nuts that the product will not withstand even 90 days of use.  

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @pandabird

I totally understand your frustration to this matter and the hard time that this might have caused you. Fitbit is constantly working to improve their products and services and your feedback is very important for us. 

@CrazyPenguin Thanks for your patience to this matter, In order to further assist you, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team. In the meantime please make sure that you're Ionic is properly charging, check out the troubleshoots listed on this article

@SunsetRunner Thanks for sharing your knowledge! 

See you around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can yoy scrill tru a screen and select things when the screen isnt working?

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat.   Just lying in need and it stopped working.   Would buzz on my wrist but no screen so I can't even trythe factory reset.   Will be taking back this week. 

Best Answer

Hi all,

MaginFibit, love the product BLAZE and had it for 2 years +, then bought IONIC 1 week ago, IONIC does not let me play SPOTIFY, cant control my music using Bluetooth classic (can't find it in the IONIC) it keeps on asking me to add device. 

I've spent valuable few hours on this inferior product, BLAZE is half the price and is awesome. Please let the QA and product team know, my old CEO Marc Benioff uses BLAZE and he seems happy, I hope he doesn't use IONIC as it wil look bad for Fitbit when he sees all the flaws 🙂 

Cheers!

Kakashi

Best Answer

Exactly the same thing has just happened to my ionic. Stopped working overnight so restarted using left and lower right buttons. Worked after a while but then went off again. Restarted again and then it stuck on the logo screen. Restarted again and now it won' switch on.

Very annoyed with what seems like a substandard piece of kit. 

Best Answer

Same issue after 3 days doing a factory reset now what a pain I've been trying resets app removals face changes and nothing worked. If the reset doesn't work I'll return it back to Target. NO HAPPY!!!. I've been a fitbit user since the clip on days. Fitbit really needs to do more beta testing in the real world and address quality issues and slow release dates on new products until they get their products on par with at the very least apple

Best Answer

i'm stuck in the fitbit logo about 3 hours how I try for this case.

Best Answer

I have now returned 2 since feb. when i got my first one I am on my third one.  I am not hard on it by anymeans.  Glad I got the warranty from best buy.  I actually was given 50 back because the price has dropped since the original one was bought.  Fun fact best buy no longer does the extended warranty on fitbits because they have sooo many returned so today the just refunded my money and i purchased the third one.  But they said Fit Bit will honor their products so any other issues I go straight to them.  I went through 6 charges because the bands kept falling apart.  then they stopped making them so they no longer replaced those, and I went with out for a little over a year.  Hoping this one lasts because I do love it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, my ionic stopped last night during an easy swim. The fitbit icon was on the screen for a minute or so, then the watch stopped working.  I can not reset it using any of the recommended methods.  I miss my Polar, which functioned well but lacked (at the time) good sleep tracking capability...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try cleaning the back of your fit bit near the sensors with a slightly damp cloth. It worked for me.

Best Answer

Great tip! I tried that and my Ionic started working again. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brilliant tip, worked a treat

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you can still return it, return it!! I know it doesn’t help the original poster, or the older posts, but please, do yourself a favor and save yourself some nerves. I just had my 4th tracker die in just about a year. 4!!!! I think crap you get from the Chinese sites lasts longer. Fitbit will not refund your money if you didn’t buy it directly from them, so if you didn’t, but can still return it, run back to the store. Run, don’t walk

Best Answer
I am on my 3rd in less than a year. It’s from Best Buy. And I had the extended warranty. When I got the third one they even refunded the warranty and said they no longer give them out with Fitbit because they have so many come back broken. That just says it’s a terrible product. When this one dies im switching to an Apple Watch because this is ridiculous. I went through 6 of the charges in a 2 year period.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer