Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The mysterious shipping department

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic totally died about 3 months after the warranty expired 😩. Was asked to return the device to qualify for a discount on a new device, it’s now been 12 days since I posted the watch back and nothing back. I’m messaged and called and the only response is, we’ll escalate to the “shipping department” with no timeline (or ones that just pass when told 24-48 hours). Pretty disappointing as I want to get a new watch and have generally found Fitbit customer support to be very good. Any suggestions or typical timeframes for response in this situation??? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

My ionic stopped charging and was told to return as it was in warranty and they would replace it. It has now been 8 business days since the watch was delivered to their warehouse and I am being fobbed off with the same excuses. I have sent so many emails to support and used live chat only to be told they have to wait until the warehouse confirms receipt even though they know it’s been received as it was tracked! I’m starting to feel like I won’t get my watch and I don’t know where to escalate this. Anyone know if there is a head office address that you can formally complain to? 

Best Answer

I was told you need to wait up to 5 business days for warehouse to confirm receipt. I have been waiting 8 business days so far. Why it would take that long anyway is ridiculous as they can see when a tracked item has been delivered!!!! Very poor service and no resolution 😡

Best Answer

Yikes, not just me then 😩😩😩. Very frustrating and agree there is nowhere to register any complaint. Hopefully they get through their parcel backlog soon! Very odd system!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list, but mine has been MIA for more than a month now. I did at least get a USPS tracking number from the "shipping department" but that USPS tracker shows status of "label printed". I personally delivered the well packaged Ionic with Fitbit label and handed to a counter agent as USPS. The lack of status change on tracking is because this is lowest cost postage option and delivery receipt/tracking is not required. I could very well be a USPS problem, but I have no way of knowing, and since Fitbit is the shipper of record if there's a freight claim to file, it has be be initiated by Fitbit, not me.

The only responses I have ever received, via weekly chat and/or emails to shipping department are apologies with assurance that they will update me when the product arrives. 

I do, however, receive almost daily emails promoting one or more of their new products. I've now purchased (4) Fitbit trackers over the years, none have lasted more than 2 years, and based on this horrible warranty claim process I can't imagine spending another dime on a Fitbit product. I also have a Garmin, think the features of the Fitbit are slightly better, but those features are of no value if Fitbit loses the product--it only works when it's on my wrist...

Best Answer

This seems absolutely ridiculous that we can’t do anything about it. My watch is in warranty and has definitely been received as I paid for the postage myself and have confirmed delivery. Fitbit Support have even confirmed it’s arrived but say they can’t do anything without the warehouse confirmation!!

I’ve complained through an app called resolver but they just come back with a standard email response. 
Has anyone in the community had any success. Surely they can’t be allowed to get away with this? 

Best Answer

Hi, just as an update, I did receive a reply and a code from Fitbit and now have a new watch! They said "We were able to verify that the status of your package was 'delivered' last April 12, 2021. While there's no confirmation in our warehouse yet that your package has been received, we've already provided you with a discount." 

I hope others were able to also get a response, according to one reply on Twitter DM, it was assigned to a "special team" then I did get a response so that might be something to ask for if still struggling. Good luck!

Best Answer

My MIA return was finally located and I received a remanufactured replacement unit, working fine so far. Total elapsed time from my return shipment to receipt of replacement was about 4 weeks. For a modern tech-oriented company, this experience was shockingly poor.

Best Answer
0 Votes