Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration on Alarms and Notifications is Weaker

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Over the last week or so, the alarm and notification vibration of my ionic has become significantly weaker than it has been over the last 4-5 months. I checked the settings and confirmed that it is still set to strong. The difference in vibration strength is so significant that this new weakness results in the alarm and notifications being no longer functional. Was there something in the recent OS updates that resulted in this change, or is this a hardware failure? I appreciate any insight.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@Nas1 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the experience you are having with the vibration strength on Ionic.

I haven't noticed a decrease on its strength since the latest update. I'd recommend performing a restart on Ionic. This should help out with this.

Keen to hear if there are any other users experiencing the same?

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both me and my partner have the ionic, my vibrate feature is terrible compared to hers. It was one of it's best features but now the alarm and notification vibration on my watch wouldn't move a spec of dust. Very disappointed 

Best Answer

@Rich48 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic's vibration. 

Have you tried the restart on your watch already? This could help out. 

Also, check if you have updated Ionic to its latest firmware version (32.20.10) that just started to roll out. If you did, have you noticed any difference since?

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've restarted and reset the device, it's running the new firmware version. I think that is what's causing the problem. My partners is 32 10 15 and that works fine, the vibration is awsome on it.

Best Answer

I have had the same issue with my ionic.   The alarm is no longer usable because I sleep right through the alarm now.  prior to the update it worked great!

Best Answer

Me, too. I now have to have a backup alarm. How do I increase the vibration strength. All advice I'm getting it to go to Timer and make sure it vibrates. Yes, it vibrates but needs to vibrate more strongly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've noticed that my Ionic does not vibrate nearly as much anymore. It used to wake me up, now I sleep through it. Very frustrating! I think the one of the firmware updates removed the "very strong" vibration setting. Now there is just tow, "strong" and "normal", neither of which do much and feel almost the same to me. Please bring back the "very strong" option.

Best Answer

I received a replacement Ionic (the battery in my previous died) and I noticed with this new one (which I just received a few weeks ago) has no difference between Normal and Strong vibration.  It is very much weaker than my previous; currently have it on Strong and it is barely detectable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

lost my vibrations completely. had a great service session with Al today to get the vibrations back but the vibrations with fw.33.1.30 are barely noticable. now i will have to use iphone as backup to be sure i wake up tomorrow morning. i have reset it again and no luck. still very very weak. 

Best Answer

I just got a replacement Iconic yesterday. I also noticed the all the vibration settings are the same. I almost slept through my alarm. Is there going to be a fix?

Best Answer