Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“this app requires the “internet” permission to be granted”

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m getting this message on my Ionic now,

”this app requires the “internet” permission to be granted”

It shows up underneath a red circle containing a white X. 

I’ve reset my Ionic twice and it hasn’t helped. Can anybody point me the right way?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jhallatt25The only thing I can find that could point to that is that Location must be set in the Weather App in my phone.. Hope this helps..

I get the occasional message that I have to sync to the phone to keep the Weather data up to date

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Here’s a picture of it. It appears to be something to do with the “Big Weather” watch face. I can swipe to apps, “Today”, and messages. 

Watch face

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jhallatt25The only thing I can find that could point to that is that Location must be set in the Weather App in my phone.. Hope this helps..

I get the occasional message that I have to sync to the phone to keep the Weather data up to date

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @jhallatt25! I appreciate the details you've shared as well for the screenshot. It seems that the clock face you're using needs this permission and this is why you're getting this message. 

I was looking for information on the forums and you may want to confirm, you've accepted the permissions on your app; check this post where our dear user @LilMissShaz shared an screenshot about the process that solved it for her. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. I tried the listed solution and I can't get my ionic to reset. I tried the settings on the weather app and that didn't work either.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community  @TimHanus7! I would like you to confirm that you've granted permissions to this clock face just as mentioned on the following screenshot. 

blazearc.PNG

After this, you can install it and it should work normally. If you keep having issues, provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing.

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Have same issue. Been using my ionic for 6 months now and today this message appeared. I have all internet communication enabled and never disabled it. I have purchased my current clock face and if i reinstall it - i will have to repurchase it. Please let me know what to do, not sure how to attach photo here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem pop up today.  I was able to fix it, although I lost some data (from today only when I first noticed the problem).  I reset my Ionic (left button and lower right) and when I started it again I got the error message.  I went to the online app, selected the Ionic pic, scrolled down to my watch face and saw a message.  After clicking on the notification, I selected the 'Update' for the watch face.  That corrected the error.

Not very intuitive, but it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had same problem with My Agenda app on Versa. *Only* way to set Internet (and other) permissions is to access My Agenda app on phone under All Apps (won't work under My Apps). Open Fitbit app on phone, go to All Apps, search for "Agenda" (no quotes), and scroll down to see Permissions. Open Permissions and set Allow for Internet. It's going around your elbow to get to your a**, but it works.

Best Answer

There seems to have been  A resolution to an issue with the fit bit ionic where the screen reads “this app requires the Internet permission to be granted. There is a red circle with a white X in the center. Someone thought that the possible causes would be the weather app and to make sure locations are turned on. I have checked the weather app on my ionic and synchronized it with my phone but it’s not synchronizing  since the city is correct but the time is seven hours into the futurei.   Locations  are enabled always on my phone for my AccuWeather but there is no other weather app on my phone. Ionic seems to have its own weather app and I went into the menu for it and all it required was to link the phone with the app. I did so. It changed nothing and the message is still on my screen. 

Best Answer

I had the same issue. In my case, it was as problem with the watch dial (in German "Ziffernblatt"). I used "Weather Pro Watch" but I was not able to change the internet access of it in the FitBit app.
However, I changed the watch dial to another one, installed it and then reinstalled the "Weather Pro Watch" watch dial again - now I was asked for internet access for this app an the message disappeared.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Adonres

Glad you were able to resolve your issue.

It appears apparent that many of the issues that appear in this string of posts are caused by third party vendor apps.  Their apps seem to work great, but there is more to using their apps than just downloading them and running them as-is.

A friendly suggestion to the vendors, assuming they read these posts.  When your app is purchased, please include some instructions for potential issues and how to resolve them.  It would certainly save some angst, and maybe increase your ratings - a win-win.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the same message and setting location doesn’t solve it - so more help needed!  My problem started after sync problems failed to update the time when returning from the US.  After much fiddling with BT and WiFi following several ideas in this forum, sync was achieved by using iPad app rather than Android, and the correct time was displayed - but behind the “internet permission “ message.  I’ve been working through all the recommended suggestions for about 3 hours now.  My watch face used Accuweather via internet but there’s no “permission” tab with Accuweather

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having had no responses on the forum I contacted the (extraordinarily-helpful!) developer of the paid-for Din TIme watchface I was using and he recommended reinstallation ensuring that all permissions are granted to avoid the message.  The time zone problem was a phone OS problem for which a manual time reset is needed.  All’s well now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I figured out the problem with my time and date display on my Fitbit not
letting me view it. It is a third-party app and you have to go to their
website and purchase your clock face or pick out a new one. Or buy the
whole packet of unlimited for something like $7.99? Then you won’t be
bothered by it ever again. That’s the way it sounds to me but once I did
that it gave me a code That came via email I believe? I entered that code
in to my Fitbit and voilà it’s up and running again. No more troubles
Best Answer
0 Votes

The solution that you have approved for this problem is utterly ludicrous. I cannot fathom how a weather app could have anything to do with my fitness app. Btw, WHICH weather app? Moreover I have my settings for android set to high accuracy location. You guys need to get your **ahem** together and fix this bug in this app now.

Best Answer

Dishington I agree with you. This is very disorganized and annoying. I use the Big Weather face, it ties into AccuWeather. I have the same red X message and my iPhone can't connect to the Ionic, which is fully charged and 4 inches away from my phone. 

I just got a new iPhone, but did a full backup & restore of my old info. And the Big Weather problem arose days before I got the new phone. 

I'm going to be honest here - I really dislike Apple, which is why I didn't choose an iWatch. But the confusion and lack of organized support, along with my direct experience for 6 months now, make me very unwilling to stay with a Fitbit next time I want a tracker. The Ionic & overall support experience make it feel immature. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @HLBinTX.

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

As mentioned above, it is possible that the issue is coming from the permissions not being granted properly. My recommendation in this case would be to try a different face and check if that helps the Ionic display the correct information instead of an error message.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this issue with my clock face (which I bought in the Fitbit marketplace), which recently updated to a new version. All I had to do was install a different clock face, then switch back to the paid one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and I have no weather app. I swear this Fitbit is cursed 

Best Answer