Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit exercises anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why can’t you edit your exercise anymore? This is a pretty basic feature but now I’m told if you want Fitbit to track your exercise correctly you should manually enter the exercise before you start. This is progress?  I just came back from pushing my granddaughter in a stroller and Fitbit says I went for a bike ride 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Tdews  the problem with editing activity names is a known issue with the Fitbit mobile app. We used to be able to do that, but that option was removed in an update to the Fitbit app in late 2023. I have heard that this will be fixed in a future update, but I do not know the time frame for that. It seems to me that restoring a basic feature should be a high priority, but I guess it isn't. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

If you use your computer/webpage to access your account, you can edit the exercises from the ACTIVITIES tab, but YES, it is annoying it's not a simple tap in the app anymore!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t even know how to access it from the web. How do I do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

On a computer - to go fitbit.com, you will need to log in (same login as the app), then bring up your dashboard. The very top menu has a LOG option. If you click on that it takes you to a page. Food, Activities, Weight, Sleep are the options you can log. Click on Activities and it will take you to a screen showing the steps for today, and below that, any logged activities (below that you can manually add any new ones). Move over the logged activity you want and it brings up a pencil (edit) option, from there you can change the name (and/or adjust the times). 

Best Answer
0 Votes