Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with battery and heart rate tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, 

I have a FitBit Inspire HR (Firmware version: 34.20001.88.11) that was given to me as a present in December 2020.

A couple of days ago, all of a sudden, the heart rate tracking stopped working (the corresponding icon is greyed out and shows no pulse) and the battery would die within hours (as opposed to lasting several days, like up until last week).

Note that I've already read several articles in the community and watched several YouTube videos and tried the following (with no luck): 

• Turning heart rate settings from On to Off and then back On after restarting the device
  • Restarting the device multiple times (both from the quick settings and by plugging the device and pressing the button for a long time)
  • Checking that the wrist band is not too loose (it's not)
  • Changing wrist
  • Trying out best practices for improving battery life

The only attempt I couldn't make is to change the on wrist/on clip setting as the option does not appear in my quick settings after pressing the button for approx 2 secs.

Any idea how to go about this please?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Stefania

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

My Insprie 2 heart rate tracker stopped working yesterday. With Fitbit, I’ve found that 3 years is about the maximum time they upgrade software and then you have to buy a newer model. I’ve rebooted as well but it didn’t help.!

----

So, it’s working now. I did “forget this device” on Bluetooth, turned off my phone, rebooted the watch, restarted my phone, linked the watch. It also downloaded some new Fitbit software which took around 20 minutes. 

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing. I tried to do the same with no luck (there's still no blinking light and the heart rate icon is greyed out) 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @sdalessandro.

Good to see you back in the community @ph6704.

Thank you for sharing all the details regarding this inconvenience, and for trying to fix it on your own. 

@sdalessandro I've been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. Please, keep an eye on your inbox and your spam folder. 

@ph6704 I appreciate your time to share the feedback with us. I'm sure that these steps will be helpful to other users.  

Best Answer

Hello @ManuFitbit, thanks for your reply!

You are correct, I did speak to Customer Support. Unfortunately, I had already tried all the proposed troubleshooting steps, but I was offered a 35% discount to purchase another product. I did order the product and it will be shipped sometime in January, being currently out of stock. 

Still, I am eager to try to understand what went wrong with my 'old' FitBit (hardware issues appearing at the same time or software issues?) 🙂 3 years seem to me a short life span for such a product and I find it a little bizarre that the HR tracking stopped working (and the battery degraded all of a sudden) exactly when the product turned 3 years old. 

Thanks for any additional ideas and for your support.

Best Answer
0 Votes