Add number of steps left to meet hourly activity goal on my Pixel Watch

Let me know the progress of the hourly goal. Waiting for the 10 minutes until the hour and rushing around is not idea. I am used to a blaze, but switched to a Pixel and it has less features.
14 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CarolDiego, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding number of steps left to meet hourly activity goal on my Pixel Watch. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

juanitadaly
Jogger

I absolutely miss this feature.  Grateful when it shows up with 10 minutes to spare, but sometimes the last 10 minutes aren't convenient to "get it in". PLEASE BRING THIS FEATURE BACK! Many Thanks!

dennisq823
Jogger

I had to go into my Fitbit app and turn this feature off and back on to get it to work on my Pixel watch! I don't know if that will help you or not. 

Cdemarchi
First Steps
In the Fitbit Today section, there's the ability to see how many steps towards the 250 hourly goal you have, but there is no way to have that display on the home screen of any Pixel Watch Face. This exists on other android based watches and is desperately needed with the Google Pixel.
JZ365
First Steps

I also would love to see the hourly movement goal as its own complication on the Google Pixel Watch. It's the thing I struggle with most during the day.

ayaashpaw
Runner

That's a great idea. Also, I used to get an hourly alert 10 mins prior to complete my 250 steps for the hour on the Charge 5. But i dont get these alerts on the Pixel Watch even though the setting is turned on. Not sure why ?

ayaashpaw
Runner

@dennisq823 Good idea, will try it out. Facing the same issue.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Cdemarchi, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding number of steps left to meet hourly activity goal on my Pixel Watch. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

ayaashpaw
Runner

Tried the setting to switch it off and back on. Didn't work for me. Still doesn't give me a reminder/vibration 10 minutes before for completing the 250 steps.

Don't know how to fix this. 

LittleBirdie
Recovery Runner
The clock face on my Sense fell off so I upgraded to a Pixel Watch. But one thing I really miss is seeing what my current step count is during the active hours. It helps to see that you are 200 steps short of goal or 20 steps shy of goal. You don't always notice the ten minute warning at ten til the next hour. It's good to check on your schedule
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LittleBirdie, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to see the amount of steps walked, as well as the ones left to meet the hourly activity goal with us. I noticed this similar product feedback already requested in this board, and I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

bgiesing
Jogger

This definitely needs to be added, it was nice on my Luxe to be able to swipe up and it show "100 of 250 steps taken" so I knew I needed to do 150 more without having to wait for a notification 10 minutes prior to the end of hour.

So 3 suggestions then to fix that, all would be nice but even one would be better than nothing:

1. Add a new "Hourly Goal" complication for the watch face. It would show a progress bar and X/250 count and then change to a Checkmark when complete or could change into the "X of Xh" like it currently shows on Fitbit Today/App
  2. Hourly Goal tile if people want it not on the watch face itself, works the same way as above
  3. Add it to the Fitbit app itself on phone which is something that should be done anyway since all Fitbits could benefit from being able to see this in the mobile app too, not just on their devices. 
Daltarawy
Recovery Runner

Me too, seeing my hourly steps one of my top features I used in my previous Charge watches. I have knee issues, and moving regularly every hour is important. I might not be able to to move exactly 50 mins past the hour. Now getting a Pixel Watch is setting me back. 😞

Moonsherie
First Steps

I miss my versa and wish I never "downgraded" to the Google Pixel. I miss the reminder to move and count down steps goal per hour the most. The app is ugly as well. We liked the flare of the old app and the celebrations when we hit the hourly steps.  Fitbit had a good thing going, and goggle came and messed it all up. 

I have had my Pixel for about six months, and I am really thinking about selling it for an actual fitness tracker. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.