Aria + Special Character WiFi Passwords

Please add special character support for wifi passwords to Aria. I should not have to simplfy my password and risk an unwanted exposure to my wireless network becaue I can't use # or $ or * or anything other than an alpha numeric character in my password. All of the internet security experts recommend using special characters to strengthen your passwords.  

6 Comments
TechFan7
Base Runner

I have a hard time believing that this hasn't been addressed long ago.  This is a BUG in the wifi implementation. . .not really a feature request.

This is a BUG.  Needs a FIX.

My SSID has special characters in it (period / '.')

Anyone with a decent security policy will require special characters in the password also.

FIX the BUG.

AllyBrNZ
First Steps

Dear Fit bit team,

Could you please fix the problem with set up sync!!!! Simplify sync process, which isn't required special router, changing the name and making unsecured wifi access! 

It's very frustrating, that I've spent a fortune for the scale and it's not working and now I have to through it in a bin! I really like my Fitbit Charge 2, but Aria scales is the most disappointing device among Fitbit products 😞

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @micheleh98 thank you for your suggestion, which has been incorporated into our newest smart scale. A quicker set up and updated Wi-Fi technology on the newly released Aria 2 should address this issue @AllyBrNZ @david_n_m_bond @TechFan7Aria 2 a reengineered Wi-Fi Smart Scale that offers the latest technology to capture your data with greater precision than ever before. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

TechFan7
Base Runner
Any chance of trading in my current scale towards the new unit?
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @TechFan7 - I'm afraid we don't offer upgrades at this time but check out our Aria FAQs in case that answers any more questions.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.