Challenges with random people

I dont have any fitbit friends aside my sister but i want to do challenges with people, it would be nice if i could join challenges with random people. If i could start a challenge with an autofill option that would allow other fitbit users to join, likewise i could join theirs if they select a community challenge for instance.
20 Comments
theBIGshrek
First Steps

i totally agree, i basically gain all my motivation from competitive stuff, this would be great! 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @nichorsin598, and thanks for sharing this suggestion about participating in challenges with random people. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Mlaska
First Steps

Yes, joining other challenges or community challenges would be optimal!!! People come and go as friends, including myself. Sometimes life takes over and exchanging ideas with people takes too much time. I just want some statistics and challenges to get over the times when my enthusiasm is low. 

foncho1008
Jogger

Thanks @nichorsin598 for bringing this to the table. A very useful feature I would like to see in the near future as we all not have the same luck of having friends with a Fitbit device.

In the meantime, anyone who would like to join and try challenges like Bingo,etc, feel free to add me.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Even more interesting would be matching similar, non random athletes 😉

ST125
First Steps

Challenges and motivation are key to keep using the Fitbit. Offering more opportunities such as challenging randomly generated participants would be a fun option to try. Then, if wanted, participants can add each other as Friends for future challenges together. 

BeSavage
First Steps

You can always check out the community section and join some groups.  Then you can connect with people who have shared interests or abilities (e.g. I'm in the running group and when I see someone post a run with a similar pace to mine, I request to be their friend and now do challenges with them).  There are lots of awesome people out there!  Just a thought until FitBit grants your request 🙂

Corine85
Jogger

Love this idea!  I actually came to the fitbit website today (I feel like not all the features on the website are available through the app) to see if I could join different groups where people might want to do challenges with me or play games like Bingo.  I thought maybe it was a feature that I didn't know how to get to, but it's good to know it hasn't been created yet!  

Juelzz
Base Runner

I just requested you. I start daily challenges that you are welcome to be a part of. 😊

Tracylee57
Jogger

I love this idea and hope that it gets enough attention to become an option for us.

Z06tim
Base Runner

I agree that this needs implemented. I was just about to suggest the same thing and searched and found this suggestion.

It would be even better if it would automatically add users that are around your same activity level so it would be a close, fun and fair competition that anybody could win.

If the auto thing isn't possible allow us to join a range, say I average 8000 steps a day it would only show users that are between say 6000 and 10000 average a day. I know when I join a challenge and one of the guys at my office averages 30,000 steps a day, it de-motivates me as its too hard to keep up with him.

Bananie89
Jogger

I love this idea, I used to have alot of friends and family that use their fitbits but now people have slowly stopped which has caused challenges to become almost non existant.. hopefully they start something like this soon! But until then anyone is welcome to add me to start some challenges 

Suz501
First Steps

new to FB- would like to do challenges- feel free to ad me too.

thanks

Yviek
First Steps

I just recently switched from Garmin to Fitbit because the hardware I need from Garmin wasn’t available. One feature I really miss is the weekly challenges with random people. Garmin have it broke down into different level (20k, 50k, 100k) or types of challenges and anyone can join. It’s a big motivator and reminder for me to keep pushing forward. Hope Fitbit can add this feature (not under premium) so anyone can join the challenge. 

Juelzz
Base Runner

I'm assuming that I already commented here because I came to the community for the first time and a very long time and had lots of notifications, one of which brought me to this post. I'm too lazy right now. Comments so I'm posting to say that if anyone would like to add me as a friend so that we can start a new challenge group, feel free to do so. Just please do me a favor and send me a message stating that you came from this post. Because I usually don't accept people that I don't know and I don't want to accidentally ignore someone whole process of me because of this comment.

Happy stepping! I hope to hear from some of you soon.🚶🏻‍:female_sign:🏃🏽‍:female_sign:🚶🏿🏃🏼‍:male_sign:

Juelzz
Base Runner

Oh I'm actually not sure if you can message me if we are not friends. You may not be able to. So I turned on email notifications for this post. So if you are unable to message me, please post another comment here letting me know then you requested me to ensure that I accept you.😁

I just want to add one thing. No offense to you males, you are free to request me I'm your one circumstance - then you are not a creep lol. The females here know what I'm talking about so in case you males don't let me just briefly explain that there are so many fake accounts on here and they request females for the purpose of attempting to start some kind of internet dating relationship with them. And it's really annoying. But again... Do not take offense to this. You are free to contact me and request me. I know that not all of you guys on here are creeps. Over the years I have actually made a ton of male friends on Fitbit who I ended up becoming pretty close with! As long as you are cool and not a creep lol then you are fine by me! 👍🏼

**DISCLAIMER: I DO IN FACT TAKE THE WHOLE SPAMMER/CREEP THING SERIOUSLY. SO IF YOU REQUEST ME, I ACCEPT YOU, WE DO CHALLENGES AND/OR TALK A LITTLE WHILE, YOU ARE FREE TO TALK TO ME AS A FRIEND. BUT IF YOU TRY TO TRICK ME AND WAIT SOME TIME AND THEN TURN OUT TO BE A CREEP, I WILL DELETE AND REPORT YOU. LOL. FUNNY BUT NOT FUNNY. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE WOMEN GO THROUGH ON HERE. SOME MEN ARE JUST RIDICULOUS! 

HealthyMe01
First Steps

I've had a Garmin's for years. I've had the Fitbit for about a week and really miss the ability to enter weekly challenges with random people based on your fitness level. Garmin pairs you with people that are close to your number of steps etc. Garmin also allows you to initiate challenges with Friends as well. For me the "friends" challenge feature in the Fitbit is disappointing. A step down even from base level Garmin devices. I got the Fitbit Sense because of a Sale and ECG app. I may have to return and go back to Garmin. 

Ashlee_Robin
Jogger

I would love some fitbit friends to do challenges with. Please feel free to add me if you’re looking for the same 🙂

Scott_K
First Steps

I am in agreement with most others here.  Would love to be able to challenges with others.  I have only a few friends with Fitbit.  

Please add me if you are looking for friends for challenges.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.