Integration with iOS Alarms

So we can set alarms on our Fitbit by setting an alarm on out iPhone! Easy as toast! Toast with fresh churned butter and homemade blackberry jam smeared across it!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

8 Comments
Henri_Claytor
Stepping Up

Is it possible to sync the current phone alarm to my Fitbit Charge?

I have tasker skip my alarms on weekends and holidays (it syncs with the google calendar), it would be a nice feature to have Fitbit sync with my phone's alarm or better yet, Tasker.

Vira
First Steps
Should be working when phone is offline - flight mode
Michaels19
Tempo Runner
I have some 20+ alarms on my phone, but yet can only have 8 on my Fitbit. And don't wanna add them again on to the Fitbit app. So when one of my phone alarms goes off can my Fitbit please tell me? I would really like this, thanks. Comment your ideas below
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey! I thinks this is a great idea! 

Thanks for stopping by! Woman Wink

Sealinski
First Steps
Thanks for having me
Khalil
First Steps

Hi,

So we all lead hectic lives and some of us travel more than others.  At home, I get up at 5am, but when I travel, my wake up time changes day to day.  Its quite frustrating to have to change my iphone alarm and subsequently have to change my fitbit silent alarm.  (Yes, I put both on to make sure I really do get up!)

It owuld be great if we could opt to have the silent alarm setting automatically updated to the time I set on my iphone in one shot rather than having to make it a two step process.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
MatthewFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQsFor now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Narameh
Recovery Runner

Good afternoon FitBitters,

After some time enjoying my Alta HR, I have a suggested feature for those that have irregular sleep patterns. It would be great to integrate FitBit with the standard alarm clock on Android/IOS etc to create automatic single-use silent alarms when you create your bedtime/wake up alarms on the phone. For this to be optimally usable, I would suggest:

1) That any automatically created alarm will be used only once, and then deleted automatically again from the fitbit app.

2) That users be given the opportunity to have automatic silent alarms created with a time-offset from the phone alarm, e.g. automatically 5 minutes *before* the phone alarm goes. This gives you the opportunity to wake up to the silent alarm, but if you sleep through it, as I regularly do, your 'normal' alarm will still wake you in time.

3) That users are able to specify which phone alarms get automatic FitBit silent alarms, for example by specifying a time window (only those set to go off between 7 and 11 am for example) or specify the name(s) of the alarms (e.g. only alarms called 'Wake up sunshine'), or some other limiting setting.

I do not know which environment FitBit software is developed in, but these features should be relatively easy to code. Small effort, large payback ;).

Many thanks for your consideration!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.