Invite friends to Premium challenges after creating

After creating a custom challenge, there is no way to add anyone else to it. If I create a new challenge but forgot to add someone, I will have to create a new one from scratch or leave them out until the next one. Whether this is a Sunday to Saturday, a 30 day challenge, or an all-for-one, this is the case. 

Custom challenges is the only reason I have premium and this will be a deal breaker. Please add this as it is already in the regular challenges.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated labels

41 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @dmanthony, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to invite users after creating a custom challenge. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

I agree.  Every challenge needs the ability to add users after the invite is sent. 

StarrS1900
Jogger

I agree about this being a dealbreaker. I don’t even have 30 friends on Fitbit so I would like for my friends to be able to invite people like the regular challenges. 

TK5528
Jogger

I am shocked at the small number of votes for this - it seems to be an obvious option that has caused me and my group of 'walkers' to have to abandon challenges or run two at once (and then do the math at the end) just because we can't add new people.  

sfkc
Jogger

I guess we just share this feature suggestion so people realise they don't have to live with what's already there. I got here through support. Cheers

erinb1233
Jogger

I agree... I will not be extending my Premium beyond the trial period because the features that are offered do not compare with the "free" version. They should have greater capabilities, not less.

kariluv
Stepping Up

I was really disappointed to see that so many of the features that are available with the free challenges aren’t available with the premium ones...like the ability to chat, cheer, rematch, invite people after challenges have started or even double check to see who all you invited in case you forgot someone. A big part of why I am trying premium is custom challenges, to enable us all to stay in the Fitbit platform instead of venturing out to others such as Stridekick which has all of this stuff for free + the ability to compete with people with other non-Fitbit trackers. This will definitely be a dealbreaker for me if not resolved by the time my premium trial ends. 

dyannals
First Steps

Per the instructions in the app once a custom challenge is set up it clearly states that "Invite your Fitbit friends, and have them invite their friends! Up to 30 people can participate in a challenge."  Am I reading correctly that Fitbit does not have this feature?

sfkc
Jogger

You are correct. Also, if someone accidentally declines you cannot re-invite them. You must re-create the challenge, tell everyone they must leave the previous one and try again 🙂

Cosmosak
Recovery Runner

Clearly states the following:

Per the instructions in the app once a custom challenge is set up it clearly states that "Invite your Fitbit friends, and have them invite their friends! Up to 30 people can participate in a challenge."  Am I reading correctly that Fitbit does not have this feature?

I am beyond frustrated, thank goodness I only signed up for the trial. This is THE only reason I was willing to sign up for the premium and it looks like I will be cancelling. Bummer part was i was being the test person for a group off friends and they are frustrated too as they can't invite friends to my challenge. Have tried to get help through the email system and did get some help but nothing ever worked. Really hope you are reading these comments from your users and are diligently working them.

dyannals
First Steps
They do not have the feature. I also signed up because of this and will be canceling. I spent time with them via phone and chat sessions and finally had a senior person confirm that statement is WRONG.
Lsd101
First Steps

100% how this was over looked is beyond me ! I sill be cancelling premium after finding this out now . 

Revparblems
First Steps

I 1000% agree with the comments here. I just signed up for the free trial for the sole purpose of being able to add more people to challenges. Not having the ability to add people once the challenge has started or allow people to invite friends defeats the whole purpose of having a challenge that can fit up to 100 people. If this isn't fixed, I will definitely NOT be purchasing after the free trial is over. 

danicaj
Stepping Up
I would like to be able to invite additional users to the Bingo challenge after the initial invite, and also allow other users to invite their friends.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @danicaj, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to invite users to Fitbit challenges after creating them. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

kawong22
Jogger

Yes!! Need to add feature in premium challenges so users can add people after a challenge had been created b/c I always miss someone.  Would be great if the invitees could also add people.  What happened? These were features in non-premium.  

Lenox11312
Recovery Runner

Wow.  I'm amazed that this functionality doesn't already exist.  I came here hoping I was doing something wrong.  Maybe this is intentionally left off?  And if so, what's the reason?

GadoGadoGal
Jogger
kariluv, I agree with you. Premium should have all the same features as free (the ability to chat, cheer, rematch, invite people after challenges have started or even double check to see who all you invited in case you forgot someone) and more!
Lenox11312
Recovery Runner

@GadoGadoGal Exactly.  The UI already isn't great for checking that type of thing, so flipping back and forth when I forget to add someone is the best way.  Can't even do that.

kawong22
Jogger
Please vote for the features to be added so Fitbit customer service will
notice and accelerate development. Thx!

Sent from Cybertron
Lenox11312
Recovery Runner

@kawong22 Voted!  I'm the 23rd vote.

danicaj
Stepping Up
How do we vote?

Sent from my iPhone
Lenox11312
Recovery Runner

@danicaj I'm on PC.  If I scroll up, there is a thumbs up button for me to click on.  Not sure what that looks like on iPhone.

jistami
First Steps

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!

kadenza
Jogger

I second this. What a hassle.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.