Remove DND setting of the Inspire 2

Fitbit needs to remove the DND icon off of the Inspire 2. It is a redundant feature when the Inspire 2 offers "Sleep Mode" and it actually turns itself on by turning the wrist. It is extremely annoying when a person is competitive about getting their steps in.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Redlinforthewin, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about removing the DND setting of the Inspire 2 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Soozers
Base Runner

I've seen complaints, on multiple FitBit community threads, about the Inspire 2 and inadvertent DND. For many folks, almost any hand movement causes the two side buttons to be "pinched" between the top of your hand and your arm, activating DND. This is especially frustrating when you are cooking or doing dishes and have messy or wet hands. You just want to glance at the time or get a notification but the display is back at DND. Support folks recommend wearing the Inspire 2 higher up on the arm to avoid this, but that is an unsatisfactory solution (it slips down, it looks unattractive). Others suggest picking a screen display you like and then setting the water lock feature. That is also an unsatisfactory solution (reduces active functionality too much). My wish: FitBit engineers would tweak the firmware to allow us to disable DND entirely from the desktop or app, so that you have to go back into the desktop/app to re-enable DND. Make it so hand/wrist movements couldn't inadvertently set the Inspire 2 to DND mode.   

MQ80
Jogger

I totally agree! I'm so frustrated with mine that I am ready to return it!

Soozers
Base Runner

Hi @MQ80. Did you add a vote above for the feature suggestion?

Sistamme
Jogger

please Fitbit disable DND on the inspire 2 - I have already returned my first Fitbit inspire 2 to Amazon and the replacement one they sent me is doing the same annoying thing so I’m back to wearing my old non-water proof Fitbit Alta.  

if you cannot sort out this issue by disabling DND function on inspire 2 then I demand you to take this unit back and provide me with a full refund and I will buy an Apple Watch instead.  You Advertised this as a fitness tracker when it is in fact nothing more than a watch. It does not notify me of phone calls or text messages like my old Fitbit Alta does it does nothing except for constantly show that it is in do not disturb mode no matter how many times it is disabled. It is extremely annoying and not worth the money. Myself and several others have been complaining about this issue on Fitbit forums (which are supposed to be moderated) since last October. Nothing has been done!!!!  Please respond ASAP.

Is there a number to call and speak to someone about a refund and return of a Fitbit unit??!!

Elyite
First Steps

I have the same problem with my inspire 2  all of a sudden it hasn’t tracked my exercise because the stupid dnd came back on for no apparent reason  it is so aggravating 

TomAtl
Jogger

Soozers said it perfectly and I agree. Please allow DND to be removed. DND is not at all useful. 

shandygirl
Jogger

Same issue, same frustrations, same request. Although it will be irrelevant to me personally, since I'm sending this back for such an obvious and annoying design flaw. The inability to turn off DND permanently, especially after making the button so sensitive, is terribly shortsighted, bad design.

KittySummer
First Steps

Absolutely agree! I'm a very new fitbit user and it's driving me bonkers already. Keeps buzzing on my wrist every 2 seconds. I have no desire to move it further up my arm just because it's too sensitive. On the verge of returning it and choosing a different model or even different brand!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.