Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 and Sense 2 SDK Status

For the record, here are the most recent official statements that I know of concerning the status of the SDK for the new devices:

Fitbit Versa 4 Dev Soon.png

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

I do hope official support becomes available for apps, the two things that I was personally missing from my Versa 4 was the convenience to log my water consumption and weight, and controlling my Spotify player.

Fortunately I've been able to install both my own app for water/weight logging and the Spotify HR app on my Versa 4.

Best Answer

Lol! The way they modified an already published ad in which they mentioned Download hundreds of apps for new fitbit sense 2 amd versa 4, compared to that this unofficial fitbit discord chat is none of their concern. 

All of these newer fitbit devices are hopeless and useless(in whatever it is supposed to do).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Too sad, the status has become a joke. 

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates on SDK availability for Fitbit Versa 4?

Regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Gondwana , how is it possible to enable developer menu in fitbit versa 3 and fitbit versa 4. I bought the two for development purpose and I am not able to see the option to enable "developer menu" in my mobile app and in the devices, I can not see Developer Bridge. How can I run my app in the real device? I mean fitbit 3 and fitbit 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The steps for Versa 3 are outlined here.

For Versa 4, you'll have to do an unauthorised hack to use the beta SDK. I haven't ever done so. There's notes about how to do it elsewhere in this forum.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your quick reply. However, I followed those steps since I previously did so for Fitbit versa 2. However, for Fitbit versa 3 in mobile app, there is no such option. also in the device, under settings also there is no “developer menu”. Do you I have to get another device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @John-Baptiste @baptiste2k8  - you need to have the watch used with a developer account to see developer bridge.

But you can skip that step and instead create a GAM project and then use the private link to load to the watch for testing or use.

Note: using the private link also gets around the 25% battery limit of the resource hungry developer bridge (not normally useable for the Sense 2 or Versa 4).

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. any documentation on how to use GAM?

Regards,

JB.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I was told to upgrade the android app and I did so then I no longer have Developer Menu or Developer Bridge in both fitbit versa 3 and fitbit versa 4. Those devices were connected to other projects of ours and capturing and sending the data on regular basis to the Cloud System that we use for monitoring. I do not know why such option is not available in the currently version and that has caused our project to stop and probably and going to fail. I am wondering if it is either possible to go back to the previous version (4.15 or 4.14) to get our project back on track. If this is not the case, is there any other alternative to have my app deployed in the watch to capture and continuously send the data?

Regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes

@John-Baptiste- The developer menu should still be available, did you by any chance change login? This could possibly have a bearing. I still see it on Android 4.15. In any case Google don't provide any means to go back to restore a previously working situation.

However to make sure it's not just an app glitch, logout of the Fitbit App and swipe off the active window and in Android clear the storage cache and force stop it before restarting the phone.

Sync your Versa 3 to the Fitbit App and check again and let us know if this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Guy_ 

You are right but as I mentioned someone from fitbit chat room advised me to use their latest app which is 4.16 version. I installed it replacing 4.15 version for both versa 3 and versa 4. After doing this, I was not able to see developer menu option. I tried to go back to the previous version but it seems impossible. From Google Play, I only download 4.16 version.

For version 4.15 is okay if I can manage to install it now but I was already on version 4.16 as per instructions I got from fitbit support team through Live Chat.

Regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes

@John-Baptiste- support always say install the latest version without being aware of the consequences, and in the hope the problem goes away.

What was the problem you called support for that updating the app was supposed to resolve?

Did the logout help, in order to know it if is a local issue or not?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue was the developer bridge on versa 4 and the first thing the agent told me was that I am still using old version of android app and I need to upgrade it and I did so. At least by then I was able to run my app in versa 4 although it had to be connected to my PC but now everything is down and I have no answer to our customers. Logout did not help. Re-installing did not help too. The only solution they told me is to find a way of installing the previous version 4.15 which is not possible from Google Play.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@John-Baptiste - you can perhaps use a work around.

Add your item to a GAM project and load it via a private link. You will be able to update it and run it on the devices you built it for, even if the battery level falls below 25%.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_  - Thank you for pointing out this option too. I have heard about it before but I was trying to find the steps on how to do it. If you have some reference to guide me, please share that with me as we wait for Fitbit company to fix the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@John-Baptiste  - it's possible that logging on to the GAM and accepting the developer terms is sufficient to get started.

See also Developer and links along the top. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_Thank you. I hope I will get the steps over there. I can open it but not yet started. I will start and hoping the steps will be clear to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes