Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense should have alarms with sound and not vibration only

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know this topic is repeatedly mentioned so in support i mention it again. I just purchased the sense and am very pleased with it but cannot for the life of me understand why there is no sound for the alarm clock. Thats surely the whole point of an alarm; to make a sound. The wrist vibration is ok but I don't wear my watch in bed every night as I find it disturbs my sleep. Please update the alarm settings ASAP or I will be returning this as faulty. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

It only vibrates.

Use your phone Alarm instead or wear it at night.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hello @Robbo61 Welcome to the Community Forums! @Guy_ Thank you for the input! 

Alarms on your Fitbit device vibrate to gently awake or alert you at a set time. Currently, we don't have an option that will allow sound for alarms. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. So I suggest you to please give your idea and suggestion through our Ideas board.

If you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs

See you around! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a major issue with this watch! I have talked to tech support multiple times and tried all of their suggestions; I still do not feel or hear alarms. If I am awake and have tightened my band and am waiting for an alarm, I can feel a very faint vibration when the alarm is set on maximum vibration. I can hear the vibration and sound from wife’s Apple watch on her wrist and wake up with this. This alarm feature is a design issue that am not happy with and that this is my last Fitbit unless this is corrected. I have even requested and received a replacement watch from Fitbit, same issue! This seems like an easy fix to add sound to the alarms. It is intuitive that alarms should make sounds. Where were the mechanical and electrical staff’s heads when this watch was designed? Since the watch can produce sounds, this seems like an easy fix.

Best Answer

Hi @RGPat1941 - yes this is a very annoying feature of the Sense which is strange as previous Versas were fine.

It is not something that will get corrected.

If you are interested you can test the 8 different vibrate patterns using the SimpleVibrate app but it won't fix the issue.

As you point out other brands have a decent notification and alarm which can play sounds that  you can hear and feel.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

All I know is, not being able to hear and feel alarms is a deal breaker for the Sense. I have been a long-time Fitbit with the original Fitbit Versa being the watch I liked for many years. I expected all functions to work as well on the Sense. If the alarm/notification function is not fixed before I need another watch, I will have no other option but to purchase a brand where this feature works. I am very disappointed that this feature has been dropped in the sense, it took me almost a year to finally realize that it was not my fault.

Best Answer
0 Votes