Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Warranty

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased my Sense and after 7 months the stair count went wonky counting WAY too many stairs.  After multiple fix attempts Fitbit replaced the device.  Worked great for another 8 months then BAM same issue.  Fitbit stated that it was out of warranty.  Escalated, but doubt I will get a resolution.  As a US customer, now I see why the EU pushed for and has a 2 YEAR warranty.  Can Fitbit explain why they won't warranty the replacement device as if it were new?!?  Not my fault the original device AND the replacement device failed within a year!!! UGH! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I am not Fitbit, but in the Fitbit Limited Warranty , it is clear that it is from the date of purchase.  I  can understand that you might think it should be from the date of receiving a replacement, but that is not what the warranty states.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

True.  However, having the same problem with the replacement device in a similar 7-8 month period does little to instill confidence that one of the key components of this watch - stair count is a reliable feature.  Further, European Union customers have a two (2) year warranty period, you'd think that as an American company it would match this; corporate greed, or does the EU have better consumer protections?

Fortunately, I purchased this through Best Buy and as a Total Tech Member I have a two (2) year warranty under them, and was provided with a replacement.  Should this THIRD Sense device have the same step count issue within 7-8 months, rest assured I will look at Fitbit's competitors for Droid users - Samsung, Google, or Garmin.....

Best Answer
0 Votes