Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense - skin temperature shows in the negatives

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been wearing my sense for a week now and the skin temperature feature is in the negatives. Last night was -1.1 degrees and the night before that was -1.9 degrees. Is there a problem with my device?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your Fitbit is not displaying your temperature PERIOD!!!!!

it took a baseline reading that took 3 days to register. For an example let’s say your baseline is 100 after 3 days(this is not displayed)

On day 4 let’s say you were 100 again. This will give you a read out of 0 because you did not go up or down from your baseline. 
On day 5 let’s say you only hit 99. This will give you a reading of -1. 
On day 6 let’s say you hit 101. This will give a read out of +1. 
Again your Fitbit is not telling you your temperature. It is telling you about a change in temperature. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Mine was in the negitive two nights now.  Sat it was -0.3 deg and on Sun it was -0.8 deg. Today it says it is +1 deg above base line.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are mis reading the stat. You are down 1.1 degrees from your baseline. 
You are not being told you are a frozen person. 

Best Answer

🤣🤣

Best Answer
0 Votes

It says my baseline is 0 degrees. Apparently my sense is judging me 😂

Best Answer

Your Fitbit is not displaying your temperature PERIOD!!!!!

it took a baseline reading that took 3 days to register. For an example let’s say your baseline is 100 after 3 days(this is not displayed)

On day 4 let’s say you were 100 again. This will give you a read out of 0 because you did not go up or down from your baseline. 
On day 5 let’s say you only hit 99. This will give you a reading of -1. 
On day 6 let’s say you hit 101. This will give a read out of +1. 
Again your Fitbit is not telling you your temperature. It is telling you about a change in temperature. 

Best Answer

Oh!!!!! Okay! That makes more sense! I was under the impression that it was suppose to tell me my temperature. I understand now! Thank you so much! 

Best Answer

It's not as useful of a feature as I thought it would be. I sleep on both my back and left side. When I sleep on my back, my arm is warm and cozy under the covers. When I sleep on my side, my wrist is just above the covers. The skin temperature feature is very good at telling me whether I slept more on my back (temp goes up) or my side (temp goes down). A bit of both leaves me close to baseline. I'm curious to see if it detects temperature changes due to my cycle or illness, but it will take a while to gather that data.

Alta > Versa > Versa 2 > Sense
Best Answer

I read that your cycle does change your baseline. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not clear, nor do many seem clear on what these features on Sense are actually useful for. Lol 

Best Answer

Thanks Drew. I think I understood your explanation and that is useful but essentially, do you know what the fluctuation from the baseline info is actually useful for? What should I think if my temperature fluctuates from baseline +2 one night then -2 a few nights later?

Best Answer

Good timing on this question. I had my 2nd Covid shot last week and was told I may run a bit of a fever from it. 
From baseline I jumped up almost 4 degrees and stayed that way for 2 days before going back to a plus or minus 1 degree that I normally do. 
So watching this stat can show when you may be getting sick. 

Best Answer

I think many of us made the same assumption you did. Therefore it's not intuitive... really a User Design Interface issue that Fitbit make want to take note of.

Best Answer

I literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD! *not a frozen person*🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Best Answer

Where do you find what your baseline is? And can it be reset? 

Best Answer

Hi super quick question. My skin temp has been elevated 3.5 all week what’s that mean 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@brenley765 Welcome to the Fitbit community

Maybe this can help.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2458.htm 

Screenshot_20220205-193918.png

Fever is a possibility but if you're feeling well and your oral temp is normal, it would be the other factors listed. 

Best Answer

Do you know if there is a way to see what the baseline temperature actually is? I have found the section that shows the variations (which also thank you for explaining because I originally came here for that question), but would like to know what it reads my baseline as. 

Best Answer

Hi @sharlotte89 - it's answered in the article given by @eezeepee above.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

curious, were you pregnant? I’m not looking to have babies but I know a consistent spike can be a sign of pregnancy. 

Best Answer