Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app not working on Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In Weather app not able to give location permissions all the time, it has a warning sign on top on it & in Fitbit sense weather app not working properly

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Sense007. It's good to see you around the forums.

Thanks for the details provided. Just to confirm, what does it happen while trying to turn on the permissions? Does the same happen with other apps? If you haven't done so, please try reconnecting your watch to your Fitbit account:

1. Remove your Sense from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Restart your watch to refresh its performance.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  5. Select your Sense, tap Replace Device and follow the on-screen instructions.
  6. Tap your profile picture > Sense > Apps > Weather:
    Check if the permissions are enabled and adjust the settings if necessary.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

I have followed these steps and it is still not working.  

Best Answer

I got it working. I had to uninstall the Fitbit app all together and reinstall.  When setting it back up, allow "Location" all the time - not just while using the app.  

Best Answer
It got resolved, it was app permission issue in my oneplus phone.
Best Answer

Without reinstalling I was able to edit under setting> app permissions

Best Answer

Hi @RDonahue98. Welcome on board. @Sense007 It's nice to see you again.

Thanks for trying the suggestions posted above, as well as sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm glad the Weather app is working correctly on your Sense and I hope you can keep enjoying the Fitbit experience.

In case you have some spare time, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can meet more people, find inspiring stories and tips to live a healthy lifestyle, and start your own topics.

Have a good day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been trying to resolve this issue since almost a year ago when I bought it from Amazon, but to no avail at all.

And, without your tip, I would have wasted time and energy trying to follow other useless TShooting options further...

You hit the nail! It was just a matter of "allowing location detection always under Settings/App Permissions/Fitbit permissions".

TY! TY! TY! TY! TY! TY! TY! TY! TY! TY! TY! TY! TY! TY! TY! 

Best Answer

@Plurix Welcome to the Community.

You're very welcome, thanks to you for your efforts while working on this matter. I'm glad the steps shared in this thread worked for you and I hope you can keep enjoying the experience with your Sense. By the way, if you have time check out our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends and start your own topics. Happy stepping! 😎

Best Answer
0 Votes

My weather app still doesn't update onto my watch after sync, despite trying all suggestions. Permissions are allowed, removed and reinstalled app, replaced sense on app and its still not working 🤔 no cities showing in settings just current location.

Don't even get me started on the bitmoji watch face, gave up on that too long ago!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ev3 - is your watch syncing properly with the app and is the time correct?

Depending on your phone there may be an issue with full internet access. Just in case it's worth checking this link No internet connection 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It will not allow me to change permissions 

Best Answer
0 Votes