Cover Image
Sep 25, 2023

[Learn more] Manage alarms on Fitbit trackers and watches

LeticiaFitbit
Fitbit Moderator

Hi Fitbit community, 

POV: You just set up your Fitbit tracker or watch and now you want to set an alarm to workout at 6am or pick up the kids from school . We’re here to help manage your alarms to ensure they go off. 

How do I set an alarm on my Fitbit device?

For Fitbit Charge 3, Charge 4, Charge 5, Inspire 3, Luxe, Sense series, and Versa series, set alarms on your device.

• Open the Alarms app. 
  • Tap + New Alarm.
  • Set the alarm.
  • Tap am or pm.
  • Choose to turn on Smart Wake. 
    • When enabled, Smart Wake attempts to find the best time to wake you starting 30 minutes before the alarm time you set. It avoids waking you during deep sleep so you're more likely to wake up feeling refreshed. If Smart Wake see’s that you’re sleeping soundly before your alarm, then your alarm alerts you at the set time.
    • Alarms that use the Smart Wake setting have a different icon  than the other alarms  on your device.
  • Choose the days you want to be alerted.
  • Save your alarm.

Note: Sense, Versa, Versa Lite Edition, Versa 2, and Versa 3, alarms won't go off if your device has less than 8% battery.

For all other Fitbit devices, set alarms in the Fitbit app.

• Tap the Today tab > in the top left >  your device image.
  • Tap Silent Alarms > Set a New Alarm.
  • Select the alarm time and frequency, and save.

How do I dismiss an alarm on my Fitbit device?

Your device vibrates and flashes when a silent alarm goes off. This notification repeats several times or until dismissed. If you don't dismiss an alarm, it repeats in 9 minutes.

Wake up and walk: The alarm on most Fitbit devices turns off when you walk 50 steps.

Need a little more assistance or help turning off alarms? Be sure to check out our helpful links. 

Helpful links

What do you use alarms for, early morning wake ups, quick reminders or more? Join the conversation and let us know how alarms help you stay on track. 

The Fitbit Team