Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR requesting location to be turned on to sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

anyone have issues with the fitbit android app now requesting for location to be turned on on the phone to sync the charge hr, i have never had to enable location (GPS) before only bluetooth

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67
Instead of posting here, we need to be posting on product reviews of their distributors and social media.
Best Answer

I agree, very annoying and kills the battery on my phone much faster

Best Answer

I agree! Also intrusive.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit used an update process that previously allowed you to only sync
with Bluetooth. Google changed their OS and now you must enable
location services to do that same syncing. So now you must enable
location services ONLY TO SYNC. If it's such a heartache to flip a
switch, sync, and flip the switch off then stop using the product.

Blaming Fitbit for something they may not be able to fix on current
products is silly and shows your ignorance toward the underlying issue.
Whining about that problem, over and over and over and over, is not
doing anything positive. No one cares if you stop using Fitbit. Plenty
of people out there, who know how to turn something on and off, won't
miss you or your comments and I'm sure Fitbit will do plenty fine
without you. So long!
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's firmware! Join the rest of the industry and save the batteries. 

By the way I stepped out and up to a better product.  Laters,  baby! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Clearly you do not know as much as you think. Location is not a requirement if they used the mac address to sync. They have no incentive to do that as long as sheep blindly follow the piedpiper toward getting their information "acquired"

Best Answer

Never was very worried about being tracked.  You're making bad assumptions.  The whole setup required a widget for stable connections which increases battery drain. The notifications are so slow that I would not get the first blip till I missed the call,  and I don't use low end handset's. Fit bit  won't even publicly acknowledge to tracker owners of the Google change that made their synch methods problematic. Fired them 6 months ago For a better product 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel like this thread has reached its conclusion, as the same inquiries are being repeated and the discussion is no longer constructive or respectful. If you still have a question, I'd recommend checking my previous posts in this thread to see whether it was addressed, and PMing me if not.

Change is always a challenge, and I know some of you are still displeased with this decision - but hopefully you can see this thread as successful collaboration. Our team has received your feedback for future consideration. I've done my best to address everything that was mentioned, and I do hope that you feel heard even if we weren't able to implement your specific request.

Thanks everyone.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer