Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep data with new layout

I suppose there was an update. The app presents sleep data differently.  Have others noticed this?

I miss seeing how long episodes of awake, light, REM and deep sleep are

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
829 REPLIES 829

At least PLEASE give us the option to go back to the way it was, which was perfect. The new graph makes ZERO sense to me.

Best Answer

I am of the same opinion!  I can’t for the life of me understand why Fitbit chose to implement such a horrendous change!  What exactly does ‘typical range for people like you’ mean?  Like me??  I have owned a variety of Fitbits starting with a Fitbit 1 given to me as a Xmas gift in 2014.  I too am now looking at purchasing another vendors smart watch.  Very disappointed in Fitbit and their lack of response to the many complaints being posted!

I have been looking at other options for smart watches, thus far none of the lists I have found online for ‘best smartwatches 2024’ recommend the Fitbit!

Best Answer

The new app is terrible.  My wife and I are looking for new watches and a better app.

Who got stupid and decided to change it.  Fire that person!

Best Answer
Yes!!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not sure if my sleep graph is not working correctly or if the graph is a new one.  I deleted my app, added it back, lost my data, and it’s still a wonky graph…..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since this new ( and unnecessary? ) update my Inspire 3 no longer syncs sleep data at all. Tried all the troubleshooting… now what FITBIT????

Best Answer

We don't have to get used to something we didn't ask for....we can switch to a tracker that has sleep data which is  easier to understand. This is not a welcomed renovation.

Best Answer

It’s so much worse!  Do you know if it changes on premium too or just the free app?  I’m thinking if I upgrade it might go back to normal but don’t want to spend the money if it’s the same.

Best Answer

Absolutely hate the new design.  Please please please restore the old version.  I've looked at many other devices and hated the way they presented sleep data.  I've always applauded the Fitbit model, now they are the worst of them all !

Best Answer

It’s absolutely horrible, this change really sucks!!

I was wondering if I upgraded to premium if it’d go back, so thanks for answering my question! Definitely going to look into an Apple Watch as well. So disappointed with Fitbit.

Best Answer
Call customer support

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

Previously one could tell the exact time one was awake for each awakening.  With the new display all one can get is the total time awake and not specific times awake.  Time awake was broken down to times one was very briefly awake, i.e., one - two minutes, as well as when one got out of bed for 10 - 15 minutes.  I get up three times a night and need to know how long I am awake each time and not have the number of times I am awake for one - two minutes included in that time.  I was completely able to do that until the new way of displaying the awake time was just introduced.  Is there any way it can go back to how it was more useful or a change be made to the new program that could accommodate my needs?  Thank you!

Best Answer

The latest background on the Sleep Score makes it very difficult to read.  I don't know why it was changed to show the graphs on a white background when you check out the score on the Android phone app.

Best Answer

I absolutely hate the new sleep stage update. In the previous version I could see everything at a glance. It was color coded and super easy to understand.  This new black and white overlapping graphic is the pits.  I font need to see what I was doing at 4:07 exactly 🙄.  Some updates are a dozen steps backwards.  This is one of them.  

Best Answer

With the new changes to the sleep UI, fitbit no longer meets my needs to improve my sleep habits and overall health. This is very sad to me because up until the last 6 months with the rollout of the new UI, I had absolutely zero complaints and the watch + app has greatly improved my health and life in general. Based off fitbit/google's lack of public response to customer feedback and responding to people in private that it's "impossible to roll the UI back" (which as a developer myself, I know is an absolute lie), it's apparent they are not user-centric and have their own vision that's unaligned with their customer's needs. The update to the sleep is a final straw for me and I'm now looking at different products, was hoping to get some input from the community.

So what are other products that people are familiar with that compare with the version of sleep tracking prior to the recent update? I've heard mixed things about apple, know pretty much nothing about garmin. I'm far out of the loop with this stuff because up until recently I never envisioned myself ever needing to look for a new smart watch. I'm sure nothing will be the same as fitbit's previous sleep tracking, but I feel like literally anything else would be an improvement from the recent update to the UI and sleep tracking features.

Best Answer

Yes I very much miss the way the app used to present sleep data. The reason I wear my Fitbit is to track my sleep. Fitbit's app supposed upgrade is actually a downgrade that has ruined the experience for me.

I agree with you. The original display was very easy to look at and understand. I have complained in the chat and I hope you do too. Plus I'm downgrading my review in the App Store to one star. If we keep complaining maybe they'll fix it. I understand they've had a lot of complaints.

I agree with you 100% it was a terrible update!

I agree with you the update is terrible. I understand they're getting a lot of complaints perhaps they'll fix it I just hope they don't fix it even worse.

It's not the product, I have Inspire 2. It's the Fitbit app that the company has downgraded and destroyed. Many of us are quite unhappy, hopefully they will put it back the way it was before the downgrade that they refer to as an upgrade.

Best Answer

I absolutely HATE this change!!! 😡. . . I wish there was some more competition because this is the last straw for me!!!  

Best Answer

I agree. Very hard to read and I think it looks cheap and not given much thought.

Best Answer

The sleep update is terrible! I canceled my premium membership because of it.

Best Answer

Yes, Firbit Premium changed too. It is horrible. Unbelievable failure by Google!

Best Answer