Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to see how many of us are in this community. They can't lie to us all about this in a single thread of people still having this same issue.

At this point it's ridiculous. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
639 REPLIES 639

Exactly they should get us a new Fitbit. They are using every excuse they can think of. O won't buy another Fitbit unless they solve this problem!

Best Answer

I am also having problems synching my Versa since the last update. I keep getting notifications to sync. Never had problems before. I keep getting these notifications, and it's very annoying. 

Please fix it! This should not be happening.

Screenshot_20190829-164614.png

Best Answer

Flex wont link with bluetooth on Samsung galaxy 9s+  it was working fine up until the 15 or so. Bluetooth says rejected by flex. I was just about to go buy an new Fitbit, afraid to now. . Frustrated..

Best Answer

Is your phone on the "supported devices"? I almost bought a new phone (mine is older) but i think your phone is new!

Best Answer

Several hours since the fix and everything is still working. Considering the steps I tried before it worked l think there are some details that may be useful to someone. Firstly I tried several steps without any success. It only worked when I did all of the steps. When doing the initial setup, the app prompted with permissions and one of the settings was not checked by default. It makes me wonder if the new Android has extra permissioning, and the app doesn't provide a way to know this until you reinstall a whole thing. Makes me wonder if there was a way to set that permission without reinstalling it. Either way, my Fitbit is now working and thinking to my phone normally, and has been doing so for several hours. No unusual behavior since then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phone fairly new. Fit bit flex was working fine up until a week ago. Now it is rejected. I dont know if it was update if app or phone. 

Best Answer

I think it's the update.

My fitbit will sync if i plug in the charger and hit the reset button with a paperclip. 

It's not a great workaround because I have to do it everytime I want to sync, but it works

Best Answer

What steps did you make? Did you loose information. I have 5 yrs of information.  Just want it to work via bluetooth again.

Best Answer

I didn't lose any steps.

You can download your data on fitbit.com. 

Best Answer
I didn't lose anything other than maybe current day info when I reset it. Otherwise everything is still there. Was afraid removing the Fitbit from the account would lose it all, but history is still there.
Best Answer

Same here. I have to restart my phone every time I want my Fitbit to sync. It connects via Bluetooth briefly, then drops the connection. Every other Bluetooth device I use connects just fine, and stays connected. Just the Fitbit is crapping out.  Yay.  

Best Answer

They can roll back an app simply by putting the old version back in Google play. Dont believe that garbage.

Best Answer

So you deleted it from account and replaced it with same?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Quit blaming it on our phones. Im not sure your reading these, my guess is you just dont care. We gave had our fitbits working on our phones since we got the Fitbit. I have had mine working flawlessly for 2 years now after the update Fitbit doesn't work. Same phone. Only difference is NEW FITBIT UPDATE. Wake up and read.We are frustrated.

Best Answer

I'm so frustrated I can't even tell you. What a waste of time trying to get this to sync. I found a website called up to down to download previous versions. Anyone know if this is safe? WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED...????

Best Answer

Yes I have not been able to log any steps or sync my Fitbit to my phone in the last weeks since August 23rd. and a customer service rep in a chat tonight try to tell me that my phone is not on the list and therefore not able to sync with Fitbit. I have an Android Moto G6 phone and have been using it without a glitch for one year with my Fitbit. Only had problems since the last update with the Fitbit app.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem and I hate the updated version. I agree with you the old one was much better!

Best Answer

Totally agree! Mine worked perfectly fine for the last year with the same phone.

Best Answer
Yes. Readded the Fitbit back in like the first time. Guess it matched the device with the history, and the history was still there.
Best Answer

What do you mean? Reactivated your Fitbit? I tried to, it wouldn't let me.

Best Answer