Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally deleted wrong duplicate account, can't undo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
During set up of my daughter’s Ace, I ended up with 2 accounts for her (in other words, her info appeared as 2 separate children with 2 different user names). I followed the instructions to delete one of the accounts from my iOS device, which then signed her/me out on her iOS device. I signed back into my fitbit account on her device, went to my family, and saw that the two accounts are still listed. I then tried to follow the instructions from the email (see below) to undo the delete:

Account deletion timeline
  • First 7 days: If you change your mind after you confirm your request to have your child’s account deleted, you have 7 days to recover it--switch to child view to restore access to your child Fitbit data.
I selected one of the child accounts and attempted to switch to child view; I receive the green dialogue box that it is switching, but the box disappears and it freezes on the child account screen. If i go into the second child account, it allows me to switch to child view, but I cannot connect her Ace to this account (http error 500). The same results occur if I repeat these steps on my device.

How can I resolve this?
Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@AmandaN07 Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced when deleting 1 of your child accounts. There is a new Fitbit app version for iOS devices (2.53.1). Please download it and if this doesn't work, reboot your phone and try to access the child account once again.

If you have any question, please let me know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Edson,

I followed your recommended steps, but this did not resolve the issue. Is there another way I can restore the account that I accidentally deleted?

Best Answer

@AmandaN07 Thanks for the update.

Thanks for following the recommended workarounds. At the moment, there is actually no other way to restore an account accidentally deleted.

Don't hesitate to contact us at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. If I cannot restore the deleted child account, and I cannot connect the device to the second child account, what can I do to get the tracker to sync with the software?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AmandaN07 Thanks for your question.

This is definitely not an expected behavior. I would recommend creating a new child account and trying to set up your Fitbit Ace. Instructions to manage your Fitbit family account can be found through this link.

Then, please delete the other child account.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. After several days, I was able to repeat the instructions to restore the account, and it worked. All is well now, and my daughter is happily using her Ace.

Best Answer

@AmandaN07 Thanks for your response.

I'm glad to hear that all is well now, thanks for letting us know.

You are welcome to visit the Discussions board, where you might find interesting topics to join.

Hope to see you around more often.

Best Answer
0 Votes