Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace not charging or syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My daughter got an Ace for Christmas but for past 6 weeks has not worked properly. It does not sync and battery constantly shows symbol with diagonal stripes. I have rebooted many times . Deleted and reset many times and still does not work. I have the receipt... can I just go back to place of purchase and replace?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@MJMCK Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your daughter's Fitbit Ace since it's not syncing and it's showing the battery symbol often. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to try one more workaround that has been helpful before advising to return your Ace and would like you to let me know whether the issue persists or if it gets fixed.

Please clean the contacts of the Ace and the charging cable with a cotton swab in order to remove any dust that the contacts accumulate. After this, try charging the Ace on another USB port for 2-3 hours. finally, monitor the tracker's behavior and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

Thankyou for your reply.
I did everything you stated.
I got it synced but it still would not charge. I cleaned again and tried another port.
This time it charged but did not sync.
After a frustrating hour of trying everything... even powering my phone off and back on, it eventually synced.
Why would it have taken so long to sync?
Anyway good news is it seems fine for now but I’ll get in touch with you should anything change.

Thankyou
Margaret

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@MJMCK Thank you for getting back! I'm glad to hear that your Fitbit Ace could be charged and synced. I believe that there was a little glitch in the system.

Please don't hesitate to get back if you see anything unusual with your Ace and I'll be happy to follow up.

See you later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes