Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace won’t sync anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My son got his Fitbit ace for Christmas. It worked for 11 days straight. Then things went sideways and never recovered. 

On day 12, the ace activity got stuck at 59 minutes of activity, even though he played football another hour beyond then. That was the first sign that things were failing. That was also the last day that sleep was tracked. 

Since then every third day or so will sync wokra, but never sleep data. Also, one day he got 24k steps, which we saw on the device, but the app says 0 steps and 20 mins activity. Broken. 

Yes, I’ve read your post that you tell everyone to read and followed all the steps at least twice all the way through. Always the same result: syncs the current day, but nothing in the past and no sleep. The next day, previous days are gone and if I go through all the reset steps again, it’ll sync the current day... for a while. 

I’d like a new device, please. I’m not interested in futzing with it anymore. My sone is completely disgusted with it. All his neighborhood firiends loved it when he first got it and wanted one... not anymore after they’ve seen all the problems we’ve had. 

Please fix, else we’ll have to return it in a few days.

Another bit of inrormation: even though the Fitbit syncs the current day only (data lost at next sync), it says that the last sync was five days ago. 

Also, the device is paired to a family account, of course.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

@Frustra Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your son's Ace is not syncing his data even though you have troubleshooted this issue properly. Due to this, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution.

You will receive an email an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, so we still have the same problem as before. It works once in a while (every 10 days or so), and by then the Fitbit no longer has all the data. In fact, it only works when we open the Fitbit app to file a complaint (files 2 complaints and it’s sync’d two times immediately afterwards). This latest time I had to delete the app and reinstall because none of the past solutions worked any longer. 

Please note that that even though the steps are tracked, the sleep only functions once in a while. That makes no sense. 

IN my view, the Fitbit is still broken. I’d like it fixed please. It appears you guys have a lot of issues to address before I’d consider this “working”. 

Please connect me to to support department. Again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Frustra I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists. I sent your case back to our Support team and they'll reach you via email soon.

I'll be around if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Again, the Fitbit ace has stopped syncing for days. I did the same as always going through the Bluetooth resets, device restarts, then delete app and reinstall the app. Doing that syncd the ace to my parent account instead of the child account. The ace won’t sync the data to the child account now, even though the child acct is missing those days. There is nothing in the parent account but those 3-4 days of data, so it’s obvious what happened. Please help us fix this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Frustra, it's nice to see you back on the Community.

I am sorry to hear you continue experiencing difficulties with syncing the Fitbit Ace. I appreciate your efforts trying to resolve this. I could see that you got in touch previously with our support team about this.  I've updated your case, please keep an eye on your inbox, someone will contact you soon!

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got exactly the same problem. We've had my daughter's fb ace for about 6 weeks and it's hasn't sync'ed now for 5 days whilst my Versa (linked to same account) is doing so happily! Getting fed up of being led around the troubleshooting "help" so just need it sorted now!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @loopyloopyloo . Let me help you with the issue you're experiencing with your daughter's Fitbit Ace. 

I am glad to hear that your Fitbit Versa is syncing without any issues. I totally understand how you are feeling about your daughter's tracker and will do my best to help you. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this. Please confirm if these are the steps you tried: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Does your daughter use her own phone to sync the tracker?

Looking forward to your response!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
She's 6 so no, she doesn't...

Regards
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @loopyloopyloo thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate the additional information and recommend following these steps to sync your daughter's tracker: How do I sync Ace or Ace 2 with my device?

Do you receive any error message when you try to sync? 

Please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, but as it constantly tells me to switch the Bluetooth on and off again
I don't believe it (plus it's still working fine on my Versa)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @loopyloopyloo , thank you for posting an update!

Thanks so much for taking the time to troubleshoot this. I recommend doing the following:

1. Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and try to sync the Ace again

I recommend having your Versa and Ace apart from each other when trying to sync. 

If you continue experiencing difficulty, please let me know if your Versa is on the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone?

Looking forward to your response!

Best Answer
0 Votes