Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace unresponsive after charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought new Fitbit ace for kids for my daughter. After charging and initial set up ace is in responsive as soon as it is taken of the charger. Have tried resetting ace several times to no avail. Any ideas?

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi, @Nutters80, if several resets have not worked I would suggest getting in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on contact.fitbit.com or else returning it for exchange where you bought it -- that might be faster.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hello @Nutters80, welcome to the Community forums, it's good to see you around. 

I'm sorry to see the device is not responding after you put it to charge, and thanks for confirming that you already tried to restart the device

I'm not sure if you already contacted the seller (in case it was purchased from another retailer), however, I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, you should receive a reply soon. 

Keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I was wondering if anyone else was having issues like this, bought my son an ace couple weeks ago. Worked fine for a little while then after charging won't turn on by tapping or anything only time will is if plugged in. I even tried restarting it too and it does the same. Wish I would have went with another fitbit product instead for him (I love my charge 2).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@speedyredneck08 welcome to the Community! Glad to hear you like your Charge 2. Are you certain that the Ace is fully charged? It can be a little tricky at first aligning the charger and tracker, I've noticed that I thought I was charging and it wasn't actually charging. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having similar issues.  Just bought Ace, child used for a week, and battery depleted.  Now when charging it gives the critical battery sign, but does not recharge (using USB on computer or wall charger).  Also tried reset twice.  Any other pearls?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ivy123, welcome to the Community, and thanks for confirming you already tried to restart the device

This seems to be more related to a battery not charging than an unresponsive device. Could you please confirm if you already tried all the steps listed here: Why isn't my battery charging? They have been of help to other users, but I know you mentioned that you just bought it, so do let me know if you continue to experience trouble to recharge, I can certainly send your information to the Support team for further assistance. 

Keep me posted.  

Best Answer

Hi there, 

i am having the same issue. The dashboard indicates that my Fitbit Ace is fully charged and synced, but when I tap the actual Fitbit device the only image that appears is an empty battery symbol with an ! In the middle. So very frustrating  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @06kids, thanks for providing these details, and welcome to the forums. 

Please note that the battery level displayed in the Fitbit App is the battery level from the last time you synced your tracker. Syncing your tracker will update the battery level in your app to the current level. 

Regarding the battery symbol with and exclamation mark in the middle, could you please confirm if you already tried the steps listed here to troubleshoot issues with battery not charging. You could also try performing a restart in case it's related to something else. 

Please keep me posted. 

Best Answer

We had the exact same issue.  Called fitbit support and a new one is on the way.  It was fully charged.  I could tap it whilst on charge and it would respond and cycle through (showing full battery), and would continue to respond once I took it off charge.  As soon as it went to sleep, it would not come back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's good to see you around @jt_Goldenspike, welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

I'm sorry to see you experienced this with the Fitbit Ace not coming back on, but it's good to know that you've already contacted the Customer Support team and that they're sending you a replacement device. Let us know how it goes with the new Ace once you receive it. 

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I just charged my mom's yesterday (I gave her mine), and it appears to respond as it normally would.  Let me see if it responds to taps as it should.

Which reminds me.....

Where you tap the device could be part of the issue.  It's always best to tap the device either at the bottom or top, never in the middle.  Tapping the device in the middle could cause the sensors to break, especially if this is done repeatedly.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Awesome, thanks for sharing this @DramaQueenDiva, many times it's more related to the interaction with the device, as you mentioned. Smiley Happy

Best Answer