Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 when setting up second Ace

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased two Aces for my sons. I was able to create a family account and add both of my sons. I setup the first Ace with no problems and  connected it to my sons account. When I tried to add the second Ace to my other sons account, I keep getting the error 500. I have talked to multiple people at Fitbit and get a different answer every time. I hope it gets resolved soon so my sons can both enjoy their Aces!

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Error 500 usually appears when your device's OS has a pending update. You might want to update the software on your phone. 

• iOS - Settings > General > Software Update > Download and install (if one is available)
  • Android - Settings > About Phone or About Device > Android Version
  • Windows - Start > Settings > Update & securit

Also make sure that the Fitbit app is up to date. You can check and update in the respective application store of your device (App Store, Google Play, Microsoft Store). Most of the time the updates will be installed automatically. And the last and maybe most important thing is to make sure your mobile device is compatible with the Fitbit app and the devices. You can check which devices are fully compatible here: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker? This is a very important thing to check because if your phone is not fully compatible you'll face some syncing and accuracy issues. Hope this helps you set up the Aces and get your kids up and running. If not you can try the troubleshooting form the Help Site:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Try setting up your device again.
  3. Turn your Fitbit device off and back on using the instructions in How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  6. Try setting up your device again.
  7. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet.
  8. Try setting up your device again.
  9. If you can't set up after removing all other Fitbit devices, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.
  10. You might also want to try a different device just in case 😉

Aaand if this doesn't help you, you can contact the support team. Most of the times they have an explanation about the issue or other troubleshooting methods. Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gufi I have tried all of those suggestions with the exception of removing all other Fitbit devices from my phone. I am hesitant to do that for fear that my other devices won’t connect again after I remove them. I have a Versa and one Ace connected now. Both my iOS and the Fitbit app are up to date.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gufi I have also contacted the support team and their response was that it is an iOS issue and hopefully it will be resolved soon. It’s confusing too because I was able to connect one Ace, just not the second one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cheesamarie yeah I thought so. This is usually an internal error. I wouldn't remove any devices from your account because at the end of the day they aren't causing the issue, at least I would think so. 

You can however, move them away or turn them off if possible because they other trackers may still interfere with the connection. 

Again, if you haven't done so, try another device, phone or laptop, doesn't matter as long as it's compatible and up to date. 

Otherwise, if you have your receipt and the device is within the warranty policy just get back to support and they'll surely help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The IosIboard has plenty of posts on the error 500. 

The quick but dirty fix i can think of would be to borrow an Android or Windows phone from a friend with a Fitbit.

.Log out of their account, log into your account switch to your family account .

Add the Ace to your sons account .Then switch back to the main account. you are now logged out, and your friend may have their phone back. 

Next time you open your IOS Fitbit app, you will see that both sons have a tracker connected to their accounts. 

Best Answer