Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ace counting too many steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My daughter just got her Ace for Christmas. She woke up with 50 steps,walked about 20 steps downstairs and had 90 steps. Is this normal. I’ve tried to reset but it doesn’t seem to work. 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@tigerlilyjk Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter's Fitbit Ace is counting too many steps. Thank you for restarting the Tracker before contacting us. This is definitely not an expected behavior. I would recommend setting the hand to dominant in order to decrease the sensitivity of step counting and reduce any over counting of steps when her body is not moving. Please go to account > Devices > Handedness setting. Make sure to sync after making any change to the account.

The restart process doesn't delete the information recorded but is more likely used to resolve syncing issues.

If you have any question, please let me know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughter also received one for Xmas and having same problem. I tried the above but there’s no option to set to dominant on hers. Only left or right ? Any other ideas? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RichMelLil It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I meant the user can wear the Fitbit Ace on the right or left hand but if their dominant hand is left that should be set on the Fitbit account.

If the above doesn't help, please let me know in order to contact Customer Support for further investigation.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

my daughters ace is also counting double steps. this just started yesterday.  she sat and did literally nothing all day and had 7000

Best Answer
0 Votes

same thing is happening to my daughter.  Did you solve the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@darcyf Thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community.

If you haven't done it already, please perform a restart to your daughter's Fitbit Ace by following these steps. If this doesn't help, ask her to wear it on the other wrist to see if there is any improvement.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes