Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is height used?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don't understand how the child's height might be used.  The help section says

"To set up an account, Fitbit asks for information such as your child’s height to help calculate their activity."  That would make sense if it was used for stride length to calculate distance, but I don't see distance anywhere, just steps and active minutes.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Distance (miles) should show on the dashboard.

Best Answer

It may also be used to measure stride length.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@JohnnyRow Regarding your inquiry, @SunsetRunner and @DramaQueenDiva are right! The height is needed to have better accuracy with the distance.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit wrote:

@JohnnyRow Regarding your inquiry, @SunsetRunner and @DramaQueenDiva are right! The height is needed to have better accuracy with the distance.

I really don't care about this anymore, but to explain myself, yes I know height is used for stride length on all other trackers, but this question was specifically for the Ace, and the Ace does not show distance anywhere, only number of steps. 

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes