Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up Family Account?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I change my account to a family account?

moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This Fitbit help article might be of some use to you, but more specifically this page.

IMG_20180725_092122_245.jpg

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

This Fitbit help article might be of some use to you, but more specifically this page.

IMG_20180725_092122_245.jpg

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

It's good to see you around in the forums @SW1234, I can see @N8teGee has already provided you with some great information to create a family account. 

It's important to note that you would not really change your Fitbit account, you would only need to create a family account inside your existing Fitbit account (you can access the family account from your regular account at any time you want). 

Here you can find other useful tips and information to manage the family account (I hope they're useful to other users checking out this thread for the first time as well): 

See you around in the forums! 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I’m new to this, can you tell me if there’s a way of having the family acc without the Ace?

i have a versa.

ive given my charge 2 to my 10yr old.

she gave her Alta to my 7yr old.

ive set my 10yr old up under hubby email acc so it’s linked to iPad.

can I have them both on my acc?

so I can see their progress?

without interfering with my data?

thanks

anna 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @A-hames1, it's good to see you visiting the forums for the first time. 

At the moment, you can only setup a Fitbit Ace to a child account, and not other devices. You can create a family account as an adult, but you would only be able to setup Ace specifically for child accounts. I do recommend that you vote for this idea in the Feature Suggestion board to draw more attention from the developers. 

Also, for the best experience, you can have your child connect Ace to their device. If your child doesn’t have one, you can connect Ace to your device. Note that you can only connect Ace to one device. 

Remember that you need to setup a family account if you'd like to add more devices, if you setup other trackers (that your children would use) to your own personal account, it will definitely interfere with your data and statistics. 

I hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

Massive thanks for replying.

I’m shocked they haven’t thought of this idea already. Seems the best thing to do for family to track kids.

I’ll vote away.

Thanks again
Anna

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @A-hames1, and thanks again for your comments and feedback. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've downloaded the Fitbit app (version 2.63) to my son's Kindle, and logged into the app with my account.  When I click on the account icon, there is no option to create family account.  My son would like to manage his Fitbit Ace from the Kindle device.  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KleinEG, welcome to the Community forums.

Thank you for the details you've provided regarding the family account with Amazon Kindle. I've confirmed that Kindle is currently not listed as a supported device here.  The app version that you were able to download only allows you to view some information, but it wouldn't be possible to sync any data or create a family account; this could be done only with a supported device and OS (Android, iOS, Windows). 

I hope this helps.  

Best Answer
0 Votes